General uno 1.0 ie start info/spares needed!

Currently reading:
General uno 1.0 ie start info/spares needed!

Mrcook

Hello all,im having trouble finding parts for my uno shes a black 1993 1.0ie start (only 45000 on the clock with service history and all mots)
Ive read the threads (very :worship:usefull) and it appears i need a vacuum advance unit and im having trouble finding one! does any one know where i can find one and how much it should roughly be?
Any other imfomation/tips on the car would be a great help common faults ect...anything i should check before i mot and start using her! Shes in good original condition and i like 2 keep her that way!
Thanks
MR COOK

Other common problems with unos:

- rust :D

- rear brakes (something rusts and brakes won't disengage fully, so brakes overheat, also hand brake gets weak)

- ignition module (symptoms: when engine is hot you can't start it until it cools down a little)

- fuel tank can start leaking because of rust

- fuel pump dies at 100.000 - 150.000km, also alternator bearings start making noise at same kms

- bushes of rear shock absorbers start making banging noise

- front arms (if you hear metal on metal banging from front of the car, you should check balljoints for play as you can loose a wheel - happened on my uno but to previous owner, thank god it happened at low speed)

Last edited:
Back