Technical Ulysee worn lock replacement question

Currently reading:
Technical Ulysee worn lock replacement question

tonyhag

I open my Ulysee 2.0 litre W reg with a key as Key fob is broken, now the lock barrel on the drivers side is really got very iffy trying to open or lock the vehicle therefore I am thinking of replacing the barrel with one of these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCK-BARREL-KEY-FOR-806-EXPERT-DISPATCH-SYNERGIE-SCUDO-ULYSEE-95-07-ANY-DOOR-/221017344297?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFiat%7CModel%3AUlysse&hash=item3375a90929

I am just wondering will the key need to be coded as I wil only use it for opening the vehicle on the drivers side or can i just swap the lock and use the key supplied with the lock right out of the box.

In addition does anyone know if it will fail its MOT with this fault as obviosuly the car can be opened when in use from inside and out.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
hi the key will not need coding as your only using it to unlock and lock your door also it wont fail mot as long as they can open the door from the outside when doing a mot as to be fair your not gonna lock the car if u havetaken it for the mot anyway

A related question;

The driver door failed where the top hinge attaches, the door metal work having cracked around the hinge. I bought a 2nd hand door and today have swapped them, and all is good so far except that I need to change the lock barrel for the old one. I can't seem to find a straight forward guide on how to do it. Electronics are fine so whilst central locking is good not an issue but I would like to do it.
Can anyone advise the easiest way to drop out the old lock barrel and pop in another?
Thanks

I used the fiat manual which I bought off ebay its in pdf format as it tells you how to remove the door lock barrel, its quite an easy job, but my biggest snag was getting the door handle back onto the car door, suffice to say what you need to do is remove the switches for windows and mirrors, remove the small luggage tray, door lock slider and then the inside trim can be removed. Its just a case of unscrewing the door handle from the inside, taking it off and pushing the old barrel out and putting the replacment back and reassemble the rest.

Back