General Uconnect 5 Nav- Lost map base on update

Currently reading:
General Uconnect 5 Nav- Lost map base on update

sillykipper

Hello there, this is my first post, please be gentle!

I am really hoping someone can help, I have tried and failed to resolve myself, which in itself is annoying enough! I have 63 plate 500L Uconnect 5 Nav model. Had it almost six years and it has all always worked beautifully until it went into constant reboot mode last year. Thanks to this forum I was able to update the software and resolve. I was on 6.0.41.0 and upgraded to 11.0.9.0. This sorted the reboot issue, but I lost my mapbase with the update so I can’t now use sat nav. When I’ve gone onto my ‘TomTom Home’ app on laptop I can see the Europe/UK mapbase there, but it won’t let me put it on USB as it says ‘Not enough free space on your Uconnect system, your files will not be copied to your USB. Please contact Fiat Customer Support’.

I have emailed Fiat Customer Support and received not so much as an acknowledgement. I have since upgraded again to 12.00.24.01 and still exactly the same.

So my sat nav wants to work, but is asking for a map base. And I can’t give it what it wants! If space is really a problem I’d be happy with UK maps only if that was a possibility?! I’m about to go on manouvres and I really want my sat nav back. Can anyone suggest anything to assist? There is no local Fiat dealer or I’d go bother them. I’m in Morecambe (UK)

Thank you, hopefully… Amanda 😅

Last edited:
Back