General tyres rebalance ?

Currently reading:
General tyres rebalance ?

heres one for all you people in the know. i want to swap fronts to rears to even out the tyre wear, then put 4 new tyres on all at once in the new year. all the tyre depots are telling me that i have to have the wheels balanced again as im changing wheels front to rear. seems like a desperate attempt to get an add on sale to me. on a proper ramp with a rattle gun its 5 mins work aint it. looks like the trolley jacks getting dusted off tonight :rolleyes:

Shouldn't need to rebalance the wheels at all, if the wheel is balanced it's balanced, doesn't matter where on the car it ends up going.

I will say though that it's not a good idea to put grippier tyres up front than those on the back end of the vehicle, very difficult to control if the back end decides to step out. You'll probably be better off changing the front tyres only (assuming they're the worst) and then switching front to back so you always have best tyres on the rear, just keep doing that as the fronts wear out and you only need to do 2 at a time.

the car never gets ragged anyhow, i want to keep it for another few years untill i have paid it off lol. the tyre wear is almost nothing its just me being ultra fussy i think. im going to swap the wheels myself tonight, and if it runs smooth as it does now, im on a winner. i really need a low trolley jack, i have to jack it up a little on the scissor, then slide the trolley jack under, just a lot of messing about to swap the wheels. i will use the labour cost im saving on something far more exciting...... if the mrs doesnt get to it first of course:rolleyes:

Back