General Tyres for Seicento Sporting

Currently reading:
General Tyres for Seicento Sporting

Mark Ewing

I have a Seicento Sporting Michael Schumacher currently fitted with Sonar 175/50 14's. Does anyone know the best replacement tyres for good all round use, taking into consideration that nowadays it seems to rain for 360 out of 365 days.

Mark Ewing

I just fitted 185/55/14 tyres all round to my other Shuey for ride comfort.
The tyres are very close to the rear arms though. The speedo is almost bang on now.

I just fitted 185/55/14 tyres all round to my other Shuey for ride comfort.
The tyres are very close to the rear arms though. The speedo is almost bang on now.

Does it the tyre touches any aches at all? (front and back)

And how does it compare to the 185/50/14 contis? grip and handling wise?

Thanks
Ming

Does it the tyre touches any aches at all? (front and back)

And how does it compare to the 185/50/14 contis? grip and handling wise?

Thanks
Ming

There is a couple of mil gap to arms but does not touch. 2mm+ spacers might be my choice for the rears.
The tyres are budget (almost new £100 fitted) so not expecting too much. Very nice to drive with the added dampening.

Last edited:
Thats 559 mm instead of 531 mm, more than an inch of a difference.

Cheers

SPD

I know..
Was a bit uncertain with regard to the extra height and diameter but it drives really nice.
The 175/50/14 sonar tyres that came off actually measure more than 175 though.

Just taken the 175/50/14's off my girlfriend's Seicento and replaced them with 165/60/14s . .

That's because if you're going to fit 175s they should really be 55 profile to maintain the correct rolling radius (but nobody makes them)

Fitting 175/50/14s means you're revving higher at any given speed, plus the speedo is miles out !

Just taken the 175/50/14's off my girlfriend's Seicento and replaced them with 165/60/14s . .

That's because if you're going to fit 175s they should really be 55 profile to maintain the correct rolling radius (but nobody makes them)

Fitting 175/50/14s means you're revving higher at any given speed, plus the speedo is miles out !

Compared to what?

175/50 is the standard tyre size.

Cheers

SPD

Sorry to hijack this thread, I have some 13" with some horrid old nankangs on atm. I was going to get some 175/50/13's... but can I actually go wider on this wheels without problems? lol. Whats the best I should go for? Did find some Yoko A539's for not a bad price.

Sorry to hijack this thread, I have some 13" with some horrid old nankangs on atm. I was going to get some 175/50/13's... but can I actually go wider on this wheels without problems? lol. Whats the best I should go for? Did find some Yoko A539's for not a bad price.

175 is as good as it gets on standard rims.

Cheers

SPD

Back