Technical Twin sunroof disaster!

Currently reading:
Technical Twin sunroof disaster!

Tempranillo

So, I know it was a sunny afternoon (at least in Hampshire) but I didn't expect my rear twin to take off tonight. Cruising home, down hill with the needle trying to sneak over 58mph then flap - crack - rip it's off and flying like a kite behind. I stopped and picked it up but the fabric is ripped across the rear and the front fastening plate is now missing.
I can replace the fabric and make a plate but has anyone else altered the sunroof; perhaps welding a plate in or fixing in glass?
I've just noticed an old thread on this so I'll have a read of that.

So, I know it was a sunny afternoon (at least in Hampshire) but I didn't expect my rear twin to take off tonight. Cruising home, down hill with the needle trying to sneak over 58mph then flap - crack - rip it's off and flying like a kite behind. I stopped and picked it up but the fabric is ripped across the rear and the front fastening plate is now missing.
I can replace the fabric and make a plate but has anyone else altered the sunroof; perhaps welding a plate in or fixing in glass?
I've just noticed an old thread on this so I'll have a read of that.

If you need a replacement I can find one for you
just post on the "panda parts request" thread
thanks

Thank you. I bit the bullet last night and ordered replacement fabric from Italy. Thanks again for the offer and I'll bear it in mind.

Back