Technical towbar fitting

Currently reading:
Technical towbar fitting

mbev51

hi
just bought a s/h towbar and a 7 way relay kit. Tow bar suppliers advise the fitting of the relay for the 2007 + scudo, is it really necessary? The last one I did was a mk5 golf which needed one as it had can bus wiring. Quite happy to fit one even if its not absolutely necessary.

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I've got a relay kit, quite happy to fit it regardless.

Can anyone tell me where to pick the wires up from and what colours are for what? 2008 scudo.

Mine is wired into the n/side light cluster wiring underneath the van. Mine was put in by a pro fitter so no help with wire colours I'm afraid

Hi
Just about fitted the wiring just waiting for delivery of more suitable automotive wire from ebay. Wired relay into o/s behind light unit. Easy to probe for the correct wire in the rear light plug connector. I have decided to run live feed directly from the battery, could have just used the 12 v socket which is conveniently close, decided on balance not to as it was on a 10 amp fuse and the bypass relay came with a 15 amp fuse. I know many installers would just do it the easier way.

You are quite correct it is ignition controlled, easy job going back to battery, just need more cable.

Back