Technical Tjet 150 front springs

Currently reading:
Technical Tjet 150 front springs

dymmy

Well that didnt last long, after the epic dash removal job, i decided to repaint the front wheels as the previous owner had an awful 'refurb' done on them and they are full of filler , unecessarily so as i stripped one and its fine without the filler. However, one of the coil springs is broken. My question to anyone who knows is what is the OEM make of spring, there are so many alternatives on the market I am scared to order without actually seeing and measuring a pair first. I do not want to de-engineer or modify the car whatsoever. I carry two babies in it so its just a nice family car not a race machine. Anyone know where i can buy OEM springs in the UK. I will of course accept good alternatives if they are the exact same ride height etc.

Every single ad i see for springs claim that they are for the Tjet (198) and the 165 Diesel model. This is so incorrect ! Weight wise and height wise. Eurocarparts are the only ones who don't confuse the models, but want £65 each :(

Last edited:
I have spoken to Fiat and as usual they wont give me any information to help me.

You don't say where you are in your profile . If you do, you may find someone can put you in touch with a supplier local to you.!
You might try buypartsby (aka Sutton Motor Factors) I have found them reliable suppliers of OE quality equipment.
Shop4parts could be worth a call too.(you can get a discount if you have donated to the forum.)
Your old spring will have compressed of course so measuring it will be off little use when trying to get a match . You should really always fit springs in pairs.

Last edited:
You don't say where you are in your profile . If you do, you may find someone can put you in touch with a supplier local to you.!
You might try buypartsby (aka Sutton Motor Factors) I have found them reliable suppliers of OE quality equipment.
Shop4parts could be worth a call too.(you can get a discount if you have donated to the forum.)
Your old spring will have compressed of course so measuring it will be off little use when trying to get a match . You should really always fit springs in pairs.

Hello thx for the reply, I am based in Kent. I always fit things in pairs ;) The springs have a colour code on them Blue-green- two yellow dots. I assumed they would be slightly worn, but not happy that some suppliers claim they are all the same whatever version Bravo you have. Scary to be honest. I shall try your ideas tomorrow, and thanks again for good advice. I shall update my profile too as your right it would help.

Hi again, so far Shop4parts have a the best price for OEM at £156 a pair delivered. WOuld you have an advice on Sachs(£120) or Suplex as alternative manufacturers. I cannot decide.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
with S4P I got an email quote for a totally different price than when i rang them, and they offered two types. When i spoke in person they had a different price and only one option due to my car being a Sport. I think they confused the email quote. However I did research Suplex and although available everywhere, I am not convinced. However the Buyparts lot were great help, and supply KYB which I know to be OEM manufacturers and of quality. The price was middle of the range delivered, £97. As you said above £48 each. So I have to thank you for great advice and a good contact, I shall be using them again no doubt. Cheers :)

I think "Sport" just refers to the trim level. This is from the Fiat Bravo Training Manual:-

The Bravo is available in four trim levels:
Active - basic trim level
Dynamic - mid-range trim level
Elegance - top of line trim level for enhanced style and comfort
Sport - top of line trim level for a sporty look

Sport (differs from Elegance trim in)
Body-coloured exterior door handles
Skirts and spoiler
Metallic black interior door opener handles
Black window weatherstrip trim
Special chassis set-up
Sports pedal unit
Paint-finished brake callipers
Chromed exhaust pipe
Special instrument panel
Sports steering wheel with red or blue stitching, handbrake with red or blue stitching, gear shifter with red or blue stitching
Audio controls on steering wheel with metallic black plate
Black carbon-look crosshatch-pattern dashboard fascia
Black Sail fabric seats and door panels with red or blue stitching (matching steering wheel, handbrake and gear shifter stitching)
Sport button (vers. 1.4 T 150 bhp petrol)

*EDIT* - Just noticed the "
Special chassis set-up" which would indicate stiffer springs and or possible uprated ARB's etc...

Last edited:
I think "Sport" just refers to the trim level. This is from the Fiat Bravo Training Manual:-

The Bravo is available in four trim levels:
Active - basic trim level
Dynamic - mid-range trim level
Elegance - top of line trim level for enhanced style and comfort
Sport - top of line trim level for a sporty look

Sport (differs from Elegance trim in)
Body-coloured exterior door handles
Skirts and spoiler
Metallic black interior door opener handles
Black window weatherstrip trim
Special chassis set-up
Sports pedal unit
Paint-finished brake callipers
Chromed exhaust pipe
Special instrument panel
Sports steering wheel with red or blue stitching, handbrake with red or blue stitching, gear shifter with red or blue stitching
Audio controls on steering wheel with metallic black plate
Black carbon-look crosshatch-pattern dashboard fascia
Black Sail fabric seats and door panels with red or blue stitching (matching steering wheel, handbrake and gear shifter stitching)
Sport button (vers. 1.4 T 150 bhp petrol)

*EDIT* - Just noticed the "
Special chassis set-up" which would indicate stiffer springs and or possible uprated ARB's etc...

Suspension is most definitely different.
It's lowered that my old 120 by far and even used be lower than my 2013 one now till I lowered it

To be honest I had no idea it was different either until now. E-Data suggests its almost 35mm lower (unloaded spring) which is around 7mm loaded, not a lot but the rating overall is stiffer. From the list I do not have the special instrument panel, which i have seen in other cars has white dials. Maybe they customised theirs ? Also the black window strips are a mystery to me. I know the original owner ordered it new with every extra he could at the time, apart from the DVD player as the skydome prevented it from being fitted. I hope it handles as well as ever even with the broken spring. To be honest after my Golf its amazing.

Back