Technical Tipo Pain

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo Pain

410C

went to the car this morning and it wouldnt start!
yesterday changed leads,cap/rotor,plugs and air filter and it drove fine.
why wont it start? i have spark and fuel. thought it might be the crank sensor but i would have thought that this would only happen when the
engine had been run and was warm. walking to work again !!!!! 1994 1.4ie carb

Last edited:
just got back in from work and it started no problem.
i wondered if i go out now and spray some spray grease into the ends of the leads and dizzy it would stop any moisture formihg overnight. i am on earlys tomorrow and wont have time to mess. any thoughts on this idea.?

410C said:
just got back in from work and it started no problem.
i wondered if i go out now and spray some spray grease into the ends of the leads and dizzy it would stop any moisture formihg overnight. i am on earlys tomorrow and wont have time to mess. any thoughts on this idea.?
try running it in the dark. see if you can see any sparks anywhere. i think you have a bad connection which doesn't like dampness. clean the battery connections thoroughly, coil wires including earth. your stepper motor on your single piont injection[not carb on these] throttle body might be sticking. also check all sensor connectors.:)

sumplug said:
try running it in the dark. see if you can see any sparks anywhere. i think you have a bad connection which doesn't like dampness. clean the battery connections thoroughly, coil wires including earth. your stepper motor on your single piont injection[not carb on these] throttle body might be sticking. also check all sensor connectors.:)

thankyou for comming back on this.
i have done all you have said with the exeption of the stepper motor as i dont know what this is !!
i have noticed that it is very heavy on fuel only doing about 100 miles to £20 so it mioght be a carb problem(the reason i think it has a carb is because you can see a large brass flap on the top of the unit when you remove the air filter.
someone at work said to me that it might still be the battery and that although it is turning over well enough there mihgt not be enough to run everything it is trying to do.
i have sent a couple of e-mails to midland fiat in dudley where i live, asking for a price for him to set up the engine but as yet i have had no reply.

Last edited:
410C said:
thankyou for comming back on this.
i have done all you have said with the exeption of the stepper motor as i dont know what this is !!
i have noticed that it is very heavy on fuel only doing about 100 miles to £20 so it mioght be a carb problem(the reason i think it has a carb is because you can see a large brass flap on the top of the unit when you remove the air filter.
someone at work said to me that it might still be the battery and that although it is turning over well enough there mihgt not be enough to run everything it is trying to do.
i have sent a couple of e-mails to midland fiat in dudley where i live, asking for a price for him to set up the engine but as yet i have had no reply.
it def a single point injection.
you have a major problem somewhere if you fuel consumption is that bad. one or more sensors might be faulty causing overfueling. this might be why it won't start properly. it needs diagnostic and setting up properly.:)

sumplug said:
it def a single point injection.
you have a major problem somewhere if you fuel consumption is that bad. one or more sensors might be faulty causing overfueling. this might be why it won't start properly. it needs diagnostic and setting up properly.:)

thankyou for all of your help on this matter. i will try and get hold of midland fiat and let them sort it out as it is a little beyond me now. as a matter of interst it started furst time this morning and tonight. i cained the hell uot of it last niht along a duel carrigeway and it seems to be running better. lol:confused:

Back