Tuning Tipo 1.6mpi 8v performance

Currently reading:
Tuning Tipo 1.6mpi 8v performance

Adam Sarhan

Heya guys i have Fiat 127 with 1.6 8v tipo engine and was wondering if its tunable to 130ish bhp without using turbo? :)

These engines aren't tuneable for anything... the breathing is terrible.

Consider an upgrade to the 90hp 1.6 MPI engine from the Mk1 Puntos.

You are dead wrong! But it requires a lot of modifications to the head. You will need to increase the compression ratio, you will also need a bigger camshaft and a custom exhaust manifold. You will have to use 2 dual barrel carburetors or going for itbs! Here is a little site that you can see some pics and you can buy parts from there. http://simefiatpower.tripod.com/index.html

Thanks guys for the reply the engine is a multi point fuel injection and its a fiat puntos,tipo&tempras from the cabrio and converting to carb is not an option. :(

do u think i can push 130ish bhp?
im thinking to raise compression to 11:00:slayer:

oh also does any one know where to buy a bigger cam for this engine?

if you want to upgrade your engine , i thinke the bast way is
buy pair of weber 45 or 36 , and use them as Throttles ,
for each pair of cylinders you have a pair of carbs ( Throttle)
and put injctors for each and put engine controle , after this get an hotter camshaft .
mmm its not gona be cheep =/

do u know a stock cam shaft that would fit in the engine without any mods? Some people told me that there are fiat stock cams thar has higher profile i need to buy a cam but in performance online sho
ps it was so expensive it was around 400 british pounds

amm i dont know if it's correct but i have been told that 124 or 127 cams have nice profile ,
why you didnt leave the orginal engine of your 127 , rebuild it and put twin carbs on it ?!

i wanted to make a 6 second 0-100 kmph car :p
i have 2 Fiat 127 the mk1 is completely restored and the other mk2 is the one i want to use for racing (y)

We are planing similar things. I have a '73 mk1 127 fully restored and '75 mk 1 127 im building for stage rallying. I bought a fiat uno race car which was raced over here in Ireland in the Uno championship for small money and im using this engine and box for the rally car. its the 1.3 128/ritmo engine and has 96bhp. The engine was blueprinted and raced completely standard- no fancy cams,carbs ,manifolds etc. i have picked up a few nice bits second hand for small money to go on to it( big valve cylinder head-300euro, high lift cam-100euro,twin 45 webers-200 euro, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold-280 euro) im hoping that these will give me an extra 25-30 bhp. a lot from a small light engine that will not effect the excellent handling that the light 127's naturaly have.That will easily get you to 100km/ph in 6 seconds or less! and this engine will easily fit into the 127 engine bay without any butchering.

Food for thought?

Back