Technical Tipo 1.6ie sx

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo 1.6ie sx

Anuje

I've had my Tipo since 1993, bought brand new still runs fine except for a few niggles.

Can anyone help with these as I'd like to keep my Tipo for a few more years.

Sunroof stopped opening about five years back, tried the fuses etc.. nothing doing.

Rear wiper stopped at the same time replaced the motor about three times and have now given up.

Central locking on front passenger door stopped working two years back. I think I need a soloniod unit if someone has second hand to sell !!!!!

The clutch sticks every now and again.

The latest is that the car won't start sometimes. It doesn't have to be cold or anything. It would start fine for weeks and then just stop. After 15mins as if nothing happend it would start. The car has been serviced regularly and just cruises through the MOTs so it would be a shame to get rid of it.

Can someone please help.

with the rear wiper it might be worth checking the wiring from the car to the tail gate as it can get damaged. on mine the rear wiper would only work when the stalk was pushed back for wash wipe, and it would move a short distance when it was turned on.

clutch sticking could be slave/master cylinder.

as for not starting it could be something as simple as an earth fault e.g. for the starter motor.

Back