Technical This only happens when the engine is cold.

Currently reading:
Technical This only happens when the engine is cold.

Macky100

When i start accelerating my 1.2 8v 2004 on a cold engine i often get a tapping and/or a gurgling water sound from under the bonnet. These disappear when the engine has reached normal operating temperature. It dosent overheat and no problem with coolant or oil (although there may have been before i replaced radiator).
From reading the posts on here it seems these symptoms are associated with HG trouble when the engine is hot/overheating - but what about only when it is cold? What should i do about it? .

Bleed the water system using the black plastic bleed screw in the small heater hose sort of underneath the throttle body.

Sounds like you have air in the system. Tends to not notice when hot and the thermostat is open and water is fully circulating.

D.

me and my mechanic have tried to bled my 8v for a milion times and it always does the sound you describe,especially when cold. Now i actually don't care about the noise because the car has always been faultless in every aspects and the engine temperature is always fine (check every month the radiator water level and dont worry too much)

you know i heard a noise like that the other day, but it sounded like it was coming from right hand side in the boot. Went away after 15 mins or so of driving

me and my mechanic have tried to bled my 8v for a milion times and it always does the sound you describe,especially when cold. Now i actually don't care about the noise because the car has always been faultless in every aspects and the engine temperature is always fine (check every month the radiator water level and dont worry too much)

have you done it like it says in the guides? ive read some mad replies of how some mechanics have tried to do it

Back