Technical The right engine mount

Currently reading:
Technical The right engine mount

woj

Established member
Hi folks,

I just replaced two engine mounts: the rear one and the one on the left (gearbox side that is). The right one (alternator side) also needs replacing (badly :eek:) and this is the one I am most scared of, mostly because access seems to be really poor:

1. How difficult it is compared to the other ones (which were piece of cake I would say)

2. Anything particular I should watch out for in terms of snapped bolts, right sequence of things etc. (a mini howto would be nice, the procedure is in Haynes, but there it says the engine was out and I want to do it in situ). I understand that for better access the wheel and wheel arch go out first. Anything else I can remove without too much of a hassle that would help to do the job?

3. Any good ideas on how to spray the bolts and nuts on this mount with WD40 without spraying all over the alt. belt and without taking it off?

Cheers,

Woj

Alternator out it is then? Any second opinions on this, cause I really don't feel like twidling with the alternator... /Woj

EDIT: Now I got you mate, mount needs undoing whenever the alternator needs to go out, not the other way round... :bang:

Last edited:
Yeah, right, see my edit above... Thx /Woj

Well, WD40 works fine for me as a deruster so far. And penetrating oil is also greasy - same problem :D /Woj

Back