General Tempra Power steering

Currently reading:
General Tempra Power steering

albert.attard

Hi all, My tempra is loosing hydrolic oil from the power steering reservour. I topped it several times but still loose all the oil. The pipes seems to be wet with oil. Before I change the reservour and pipes, has somebody encountered this problem before. Thank you and best regards to all tempra owners. Mind you my tempra is diesel powered. Albert

Hi mate,

If you are the hands on type, try cleaning all the pipes, start the car an twist the steering a few times and check where you notice any leaks. You can change the whole thing altogether.

Your username says that you are Maltese. If so cheers mate, so am I. You will not find most parts from the Fiat dealer however you may find similar ones from autoparts shops.

If you are not so hands on, I can let you know of a great mechanic who used to work on fiats..

Regards,

Hi all, My tempra is loosing hydrolic oil from the power steering reservour. I topped it several times but still loose all the oil. The pipes seems to be wet with oil. Before I change the reservour and pipes, has somebody encountered this problem before. Thank you and best regards to all tempra owners. Mind you my tempra is diesel powered. Albert

I had a similar problem a year ago, my Tempra was leaking oil from the power steering (but not from the reservoir). Check if oil spills from under the car. A mechanic solved my problem by changing the steering box with an used one, which now loses oil the same way... Now I am trying to solve with an additive to the oil, this one: http://www.wynns.it/default/?action=MostraScheda&PROD_PARTID=14W64503 (sorry page is in Italian).

Back