General tempra leaking coolant

Currently reading:
General tempra leaking coolant

geoff750

i all hopeing some one might be able to help i have a 1993 1600 s tempra and it has just started leaking coolant at a very fast rate i cant see it coming from any pipes it seems to be leaking at the back of the engine i jacked it up but still cant tell where its coming from my dad thinks its not the head gasket because the car starts fine and runs fine he did mention something about core plugs but i dont know where theese are to be found any help much appreciated

check the engine oil if it changed color or gane some litters without you adding it... if yes then you have a problem... a big one!

if not check the water pump and around it if there is water somewhere...

and i see you saying you think its going out from the rear side of the engine but i cant see from where it can be... just check around the all cooling system for leaks... the easyest way to see the leak is fill the system with water and find the fantain... so...

if you have another Q ask but im going back to the army tommorow so the next time i answer is next week or the week after... hope i halped CYA

thanks for that m8 ive cheked the oil and thats fine ill get my dad to check the water pump for me cheers

just to say thankyou it was the waterpump m8 all sorted now thanks m8

Back