General Tempra 1.9 TD SX parts needed

Currently reading:
General Tempra 1.9 TD SX parts needed

starfishphoenix

Hey guys! First post in here so go easy on me :D

I have in my drive a Tempra 1.9 TD SX, Beautiful runner with hardly any problems since I bought it but I got a few questions.

1. Is there any workshop manuals around, Preferably downloadable?

2. Anyone got a passenger door, Preferably GREEN so I don't have to spray it?

3. Anyone got a passenger wing indicator? Mine fell off on the M2 towards london if you want a free one ;)

4. If anyone can tell me what the hell the boxes under the passenger seat are then fire away, One of them is unplugged and I'm scared to plug it back in, Also I think i need an alarm fitted so it would be handy to know whether this is actualy an alarm.

5. Windscreens! Where can I get one and will it have the same stipling around the mirror and have the mirror hook on it?

6. Any help with wiring in my stereo will be greatly appreciated as mine drains the battery after a day of sitting still ... Not an alternator issue because the battery charges fine and when I unplug the stereo the issue is resolved.

Also where can I fit speakers and what sizes are the old ones?

All that said and done... Hi fellow tempra owners :D

Hi,

Dont think theres any Tempra specific manuals available, although both Haynes & Porter do Tipo manuals which cover most aspects of the Tempra.

No, but it looks like I`ll be breaking my SW which is white, although being white it`ll be a god base to spray on (green had white primer IIRC, so you`d just have to lightly flat the white paint & blow it over with green) £35 complete but without the mirror (in AL7).

The wing indicators all seem to break, its the plastic securing `spring` that snaps off as the plastics too brittle, I think I blu-taked mine on!

Cant remember what the boxes are under the passenger seat, if you give me the colour codes on the wiring going in, &/or a couple of pics, I`ll work it out from the wiring diagrams.

Screens you should be able to get from windscreen places, or Fiat (aprox £200 + fitting), have you got windscreen cover on your insurance?

Sounds like theres a fault with your stereo, the wiring on its own is unlikely to suddenly cause battery drain if it was ok before.

The speakers are 10cm on the sides of the dashtop IIRC and also 10cm in the parcel shelf supports on the estates, not sure about the saloons rear sizes though. Thats not great if you like bass, the front doors are too shallow to drop bigger ones in, but you could make up 1" spacers & fit them at the front of the door at he bottom, maybe cutting into the door pocket to make them look a bit more standard. You may be able to get 6x9`s in the bottom of the rear doors, but it will restrict how much you can lower the glass.

Cheers!

Back