General Tempra 1.6 SXie

Currently reading:
General Tempra 1.6 SXie

tipouno

I have just scrapped (under the govt scrappage scheme) my 1993 Tempra and it is now in a scrapyard in Colchester. This car is generally in good nick. The engine and gearbox are in good condition and the interior is almost as new. Bodywork is also in good condition and it has 4 alloys with very good tyres on it. If you want to know which scrappy its in, post on here and I will find out from my local dealer.

It was a dark metallic green saloon with 66k on the clock. I bought it from the original owner and he had a replacement instrument panel fitted at 6k, so total mileage was about 72k. It is the model before the facelift. In the not too distant past, I had fitted a new radiator and all engine mountings. It had been regularly serviced by me re oil and filter changes. It still has the original clutch though. Everything worked apart from the self-levelling headlight system and the rear windscreen wiper.

PLease inform me of scrappy details, email/website if possible. Thanks

If you phone the sales dept at D Salmon Cars on 01206 715200 they will be able to tell you which scrappy collected my Tempra. I think it may have gone to AutoBreak in Colchester, but I am not sure. Sorry I can't be more positive.
Let me know if you have probs and I will see what I can do to help.

Have just spoken to D Salmon and they confirm that Tempra was taken to Autobreak. Their phone no is 01206 791144.
According to Fiat sales, under scrappage terms the cars are supposed to be crushed, but its worth a phone call if you need parts.

Back