General Telegraph review.

Currently reading:
General Telegraph review.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/9893360/2013-Fiat-500L-review.html

Not too bad but there are some errors.

"Load space ranges from 343 to 1,310 litres, which seems reasonable enough, until you realise the C3 Picasso offers from 385 to 1,506 litres."

Pretty sure the boot is 400 litres.

"Thanks partly to its "Eco" setting, which limits power to improve efficiency, the Twinair emits less CO2 than the diesel, with an average of 112g/km"

Hmm, thought it was 109g/km and hence £20 tax.

"As a first attempt at translating the 500's design language to a larger car, the 500L is moderately successful; key elements such as the front lights and grille are very similar, but elsewhere it looks a bit like the Mini Countryman in places, and a bit like the Citroën C3 Picasso in others."

I thought that it looks like a new car, a 500L!

"Unusually, the diesel is also quieter (impressively so) at low speed, but emits a steady drone on the motorway.*"

No way is the 1.6 multijet loud on the motorway in 6th gear. Bull.

Last edited:
Yea, instead of saying that it's a little but different and doesn't have any direct competitors. Picasso is not nearly as nice, they have one next to the 500L at clemo in the showroom. Looks the much older design that it is. The Mini Countryman is allot smaller so again a poor comparison. Plus the Mini is £10k more for comparable spec.

Yeah thats about right.Fiat all ways get the sh?t end of the stick.Like that honest john site,what he knows about cars could be written on the reverse of a stamp.Ive read various bad reports on the 1.9 jtd,what a joke,its got to be the best passenger car diesel engine ever made.As ive said before on here without Fiat diesel engine development would have stopped fifteen years ago.I love the under dog.

many of the sites out their seem to claim similar figures to those in the telegraph

the back seat slides so boot space is from 343 - 400litres depending on the position of the back seat

if i search i keep finding the 112g/km can't find any facts and figures on the fiat uk website ?

the exterior styling seems to be a bit of a mash of mini citroen and fiat 500, i couldn't call it a unique design

can't comment on the loadness of the engine but having driven the 1.4HDI citroen C3 and the Mini 1.6 diesel both are almost silent even at speed so it might be where the comparison comes in

The c02 figure of 109 is from the fiat UK website (tech specs on the configurator).

Probably like the bravo Eco that was originally specially tuned for the uk market to emit 119g c02/km to make it £30 tax. The 112 is what it'll be for the rest of the European market...

Actually I think for the bravo there were other countries that got specific maps to be within a threshold for tax and maximise performance.

Last edited:
Back