Technical Switch from manual to power mirrors

Currently reading:
Technical Switch from manual to power mirrors

LeadMagnet

So I have a 2010 Fiat Doblo 7 Seater and it is amazing! Been to the continent dozems of times (wife is Italian) and all around the UK and she's still going strog (the wife and the Doblo! :p )

The wing mirror's on mine are the manual adjust and are OK. Recently I got a chance to drive one with power mirrors.

I didn't know that, not only are the electric mirrors slightly larger, but they also have a "wide angle" lens at the bottom to help checking that pesky blind spot.

So I jumped online and bought the L/R electric wing mirrors and the internal right control unit and left blank cover. Installed in minutes and looks great.

But.....the electric version has an additional cable port (obviously, their powered) which when I took the door panels off I can't find. I can manually adjust the mirrors, but would love to use the control stalk.

Does anyone know what I need to do to wire these into the doors? Is there and additional cable? Maybe a door wiring harness swap?

Thanks

:D

Had to replace the turn signal bulb in the left mirror over the weekend.

Only the control stalk side has the additional connector, so I'm defiantly missing a cable/harness.

Think I'll pop into the dealer, see if they can shed some light on this.

Back