Grande Punto sunroof stopped working

Currently reading:
Grande Punto sunroof stopped working

sirachb

hey guys,

i was installing an aftermarket radio in my grande punto and i messed up with the connections... and so some fuses blew. When i went to open the sunroof i realised that it isnt working anymore:( i checked all fuses but every fuse the car has is good coz i replaced the broken ones.

From where do you guys think i have to check in order to find were is the problem.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :s

Hmmm, might be worth checking to see if there is a fuse under the panel near the sunroof - if there is one that is.

Or are there extra fuses in the engine bay?

Your manual may give a clue as to the whereabouts any fuses are.

Alternatively you may have to reset the roof mechanism - I have seen on the GP area a thread about how to do this.

Good luck!

hey thanks for your reply.

i checked all fuses. i also tried reseting the system by removing the battery for more than 30 minutes but no luck... some guy from the audio shops told me that it might be a relay problem i will check them one by one if i find time this weekend. Thanks for the goodluck :)

i took the car to the fiat garage and they checked it out for me... well to check it they had to remove roof for me so it involved money 200 euro just for that... tha told me that motor is dead so 350 for a new one and for installing another 200 euro.
Everything is so expensive!

i took the car to the fiat garage and they checked it out for me... well to check it they had to remove roof for me so it involved money 200 euro just for that... tha told me that motor is dead so 350 for a new one and for installing another 200 euro.
Everything is so expensive!

I have a spare if you'd like it for considerably less than 350? :)

It's also very easy to fit yourself.

Back