Technical sunroof control unit

Currently reading:
Technical sunroof control unit

olavr

I'm puzzling together a coupe putting all parts from a wrecked car into a body from a car w sunroof. Problem is the connection of the sunroof wires. According to the el layout, the sunroof is connected to a electronic control unit, marked number 40 on the schematic. Can't find the control unit in the car, and I don't have the cable harness from the body donor car. What is the control unit doing? Can I by it somewhere, from a breaker? Can somebody help? Thanks

Attachments

• sunroof_schematic.pdf
    649.8 KB · Views: 20
Helllo,
and thank you!

I have got a wiring harness part including the sunroof switch. The label says part no 46316556. The 6 pin socket is the blue part in my picture. All parts in my car are from a -97 1.8, put into a body (w sunroof) from a -95 2.0 T. The donor car (1.8) has vin no ZFA175000P0050081.
I'm not able to find the part number for the electronic control unit, and using your part no, nothing appears on ebay or found by google.

Attachments

• DSC_1829.JPG
    DSC_1829.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 11
The harness I pasted is a different harness than the one you have and attached on the photo. It goes along the A pillar to the roof, and then along the top of the windscreen to the middle of the roof. It should be in place together with the roof, as the car with the sunroof is the target one.

The part number you've pasted is the harness on the central console, with the sunroof operating switch here:

It should also have switches to the power windows. And another element, which should be installed on the same height as the sunroof switch, but on passenger side of the console.

The harness in the donor car is probably smaller, without the sunroof switch socket. There are 3 types of those harnesses. According to ePER.

I assume the 6 pin blue socket is a relay socket. Can you please compare the cable colours on the diagram from the 1st post by the element number 40 with the cables that run to the blue socket on the harness? I don't see an extra control unit in the ePER that could operate the sunroof. And looking with the part name in Polish cannot find a sunroof module for a coupe. Although there are some for other models.

According to ePER, the part number of the sunroof relay should be 5893251. I've found it available in one Polish shop for around 50 EUR. The same relay was apparently used in Punto / Tipo / Tempra / Coupe / Lancia Y / Kappa. It should be easier to find, as the coupe is the least popular model I think. But it's only an information based on the shop compatibility list.

And also according to ePER, the harness on your photo should have 6 sockets (sunroof switch, two power windows switches, one mistery thing, a relay and a connector to the main harness - I assume the one by the green label). Can you make a photo of the central console where the switches should be? I'm quite curious what is the forth thing operated from there? Central locking?

Beside the sunroof, the only one tricky thing with the switch from one body to another can be the fact that it seems they made some changes to the model in 96...

The 46317168 is not the module. It is called 'Container' on the ePER drawing. I'm not sure if it isn't an error...

Last edited:
Thanks again! You really make an effort to help. Appreiciate that very much!
You're right, on the right side window pillar it is a connection w 5 cables. Item 243 or 245 in the schematic. These are the cables running to the roof opening motor and end stop.
Your attached picture from eper also corresponds with the part number og my console harness. I got the harness from ebay, and right, it contains connectors for power windows, I'm not sure what else. The same harness in the car, will probably be smaller, whitout the sunroof switch and controller. Will check in the car next week and make a photo.
The cables to the blue connector corresponds with the colours in the schematic, except cable 4 which on my harness is black/brown instead of black/red.
And yes, there are many changes between a 97 car and the older cars.

Hello again... please ref my picture showing the center console in my car. In addition to the two electric window controllers, there is the controller for the rearview mirrors. And a vacant position for the sunroof switch, upper left. The connector to the mirror cintroller is a square black connector w 8 cables.
Is it possible to make the sunroof operate without the control unit, by connecting power directly from the switch to the sunroof motor??

Attachments

• DSC_1835.JPG
    DSC_1835.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 9
Back