Suitable amp to power front and rear speakers

Currently reading:
Suitable amp to power front and rear speakers

Well one of my Infinity 6512si's (17cm front door speaker) had given up and stopped working :(. I've ordered some new FLI ones which are 80watt RMS up from 50watt on the Infinity's.

I'm considering amping the front's and perhaps rear speakers (also uprated Alpine ones) to get the best out of them so I'm wondering what amp would be ideal for the job. I only really want to spend £50-£100 as I like audio but its not the be all and end all for me :).

Cheers

Ok cool I'll leave out the rears yes the front's are components.

Nah I don't mind second hand. That Alpine one seems ol'rite :D.

How do you wire it up? obviously the usual power cable. I'm assuming I'll need a L-R coax from the Head unit to AMP? I know it has a sub output but not sure about normal output? Then run speaker cable from amp to speakers?

Last edited:
Have you got the HU's model number so i can look at the specs. You may be better off with a 2 channel amp and staying passive if you only have one set of preouts. Active is way much better though. It just gives you full control of each speaker.

Well I've bought and installed the new component speakers and 2 channel AMP. I can't believe the difference in sound quality!

I had to use the high level input stolen from rear speakers as my left and right audio output from my head unit was bass only :(.

I quite enjoyed installing it I'm well and truly hooked on car Audio now :D.

It is certainly a bug. Are you sure that your output was bass only. There are normally x-overs and such settings that can only effect the RCA's.

Back