Tuning Stroker Crank

Currently reading:
Tuning Stroker Crank

another question: for a tuned 650 or 700... an electric fuel pump or stick with the mechanical? I'm leaning to going electric
There is nothing wrong with the original mechanical pump---it will easily supply all the fuel that your carb will need. My tuned '659cc' engine still has the original pump--never had a supply problem. I will be keeping to a 'mechanical' pump on my '695SS' engine. Abarth never fitted an electrical fuel pump even on their most powerful engine--the 695SS. If you DO go to 'electric' pump, don't forget to fit an automatic "cut-off" switch in case of an accident. With a mechanical pump, as soon as the engine stops, the pump stops. With an electric pump, even if the engine stops, whilst the ignition is on the pump will continue to pump petrol. Keep to the mechanical pump--it is a heck of a lot less hassle!

Hi Daniel, Whilst I agree with Tom's reasoning in his last post it is after all a personal choice. I do use a small low pressure electric pump to feed my twin choke and a weber DGF 30 on my spare engine, I don't have any 'hot' problems and the carbs don't flood either. Remember the wilder the engine the more need for positive fuel feed at all times - and always carry a spare :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: If you need any information on the type and make of pump I use please ask.
Ian.

another question: for a tuned 650 or 700... an electric fuel pump or stick with the mechanical? I'm leaning to going electric
I upgraded to an electric, Obviously they have their plus and minuses.

One key thing is to use a low pressure pump designed for low pressure carburated applications.

This is the one i am using.

I believe rockauto and amazon has it also, the same unit is rebranded by a few of the holley brands. The 42S is the lowest pressure one, and the one you want. 2-3.5psi. They have a 12S model that does 4-7 psi. Too much pressure and the float will have issues trying to stop flow. But obviously it depends on the type of carb you have.

If you search "AUTOBEST 42S" you will find it.

Back