• stripe it up

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • keep it clean

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i've put on a set of replica decals:

https://www.fiatforum.com/uno/169671-starting-look-part.html?p=1818551

but can't decide on the backside of the car, the top photo was a mock up in brown vinyl, to get an idea of the look.

P1040788.JPG

clean_bum.JPG

since the car is not perfectly original, i suppose it doesn't really matter, but....there's still a nagging doubt that maybe i should.....

I think the stripes will only work if you lower the number plate (it's higher than standard on your Uno Jai). At the moment it part overlaps the stripes and looks kind of, erm, not right! As to the stripes, the jury's still out - one of the UT tailgates I acquired had rear stripes and the first thing I did was to remove them. They were damaged anyway, but I think it depends on the colour as to how well they work. A white UT seems to work better with rear stripes than a red UT.

Another thought came to me whilst looking at those pics. What about blacking out (matt/ satin black) the boot lid area between the tail lights? Like Ford and Vauxhall used to do with their 'sporty' cars of the 70's - a blacked out rear panel meant "GLS" or "RS"! Anyone want to try that with Photoshop?

Back