Technical Stilo Wishbone Poly's

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Wishbone Poly's

Ok, so it looks like the inevitable has happened, I was tightening my wheels studs yesterday and noticed that my front near side wheel has forward and back movment, upon closer look, the bush has gone at the rear of the front wish bone, my question,

Has anyone fitted Poly items before??? if so where they easy to fit???

I have had them on a few of my cars so know the Pro's and Con's just want to know if there are any issues to fitting them to watch out for.

i think you will have more issues finding them, i dont believe many companies do them.

cant imagine theyd be *that* hard to fit though, usual bush woes, press out press in... rinse and repeat. just make sure you have the tools before you start

may have to get custom made... cant rember if Powerflex will mix and match stuff. they do the kit for the Nuovo Bravo... which is very similar to the stilo chassis, but i dunno if the wishbones are the same and i dont know if they do rears. the latest punto MIGHT match up for some bushes too... have a play with ePER and see if you an cross reference your chassis to a powerflex product

the wishbones are the same between the new-Bravo and the Stilo, the only issue is the the front wishbone bush can have 2 interior diameters.. a difference of ~2mm .

Now i need to find for the Powerflex kit, see the price and realize i don't really need it.

the wishbones are the same between the new-Bravo and the Stilo, the only issue is the the front wishbone bush can have 2 interior diameters.. a difference of ~2mm .

Now i need to find for the Powerflex kit, see the price and realize i don't really need it.

eBay, £69 for a pair of front rear wishbone bushes in polyurethane I think is a bargin, £50 each for new wishbones that will fail again lol, and the supplier is about 5miles from me, so will be getting a set of them on Tues me thinks lol

I had this problem ( as did a lot of Multipla owners ) on my old Multipla where FIAT only sold the whole roll-bar with the bushes attached in spot welded brackets for a silly price.

I overcame the problem by buying over size polyurethane bushes of a similar shape and the spent several happy hours paring the poly bushes to fit the brackets which I had removed and split at the spot welds.

It was a fair bit of work for something so simple but definitely worth the time spent. The car was so much better behaved on the road and a joy to drive.

I had thought of doing the same to the Stilo but now-a-days lying on the floor under a car is not an option! But I recommend the procedure to any one that is capable of doing it.

Another benefit of doing this was, because the wheels were held much more firmly the drop links lasted a good deal longer than they has previously.

Last edited:
Pictures or it didn't happen.
also
Please post a link for the bushes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140937348538?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

just because I am such a nice guy lol, I recon these will be a dam close fit lol, if too big, I use a bigger hammer, if too small, I use steel tubing at the right size to fill the space lol

But, because he is so close and I can buy New rubber bushes for £5ish, I am going to buy 1 and take it to the guy and see them side by side first to make sure they are close.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ok, so the company I was talking to has got one of the Bravo Poly sets in and I have been and measured them and no joy, they are 47mm and the stilo needs 61mm.

Well, I have decided I am going to make my own, well give it ago anyway. I am on my way now (well once finished typing) to collect a Lathe and I will be ordering some 63mm Polyurethane Bar later today.

Back