Technical Stilo Throttle/Uneven Tick-Over

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Throttle/Uneven Tick-Over

Hey guys,

Hope you can help me.

I have a 2002 Fiat Stilo 1.6 Dynamic. Recently the engine warning light came on when I started the engine. At first the car drove fine except I found the car lacked power in the low revs, didn't really make much difference at all to the drive though.

Decided to take it into the local Fiat dealers to see if they could give any advice... the guy plugged his touchscreen computer into the car and looked at stuff on it. When he started the car the throttle didn't work at all and the engine tick over was very uneven, pausing then giving a bit of rev then pausing again. So he reset something and took it into the garage quickly to look at. He came out and said it was something to do with the throttle but it was back to how it was and that I should book it into the garage soon. So I drove home.

When I tried starting it today, the throttle didn't work again with the bad tick-over. I also noticed the engine was wobbling about quite a bit and that when I turned it out the engine shuddered quite a a lot.

Got it booked in for diagnostics tomorrow but can you guys shed any advice on the matter?

Thanks,
Steve

Would this make any difference to a throttle that has zero response?

I can literally put my foot to the floor and the revs wont change at all.

Just been told by fiat I'm going to need a new throttle body for £380 fitted...

Depends how dirty it is, that flap controls your throttle all by itself by controlling the air flow.

If it is really dirty the little motor controlling the flap might not be strong enough to move it out of the dirt so may stick the flap shut.

Well worth a look before paying up that kind of money when at the end of the day all it will cost you is the time to take it off (y)

Back