Stilo multiwagon getting broken

Currently reading:
Stilo multiwagon getting broken

My neighbour is planning to break his stilo multiwagon as the rear wheel bearings have gone and the reverse gear synchro is about to go. It's a '03 1.6 petrol mot'd til November and taxed until June. Sorry I forgot to ask about mileage. He reckons he'll get £150 for scrap so if anyone wants to offer more than that he'd be quite happy. He's a mechanic so would be happy to talk cars to you and is only scrapping because he has a multitude of other cars stored all over the countryside.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with him

it's a **** engine the 1.6. virtually the same power as the 1.4 with the fuel consumption of a 2.5 litre.

Known a few folk that have had 1.6 stilos and a couple even said the 1.2 felt quicker, such is the flatness of the 1.6.

I wrote a reply to you all and then the sodding netbook lost connection. The gist of it was agreeing with Mark about the 1.6 and commenting that the 1.6 would probably never fit in Yellow but we could probably get Yellow into the multiwagon.

Not going to try it tho

Anything will fit anything... but if its a gutless engine then its not worth it

not a **** engine... just a old engine...

its not a fire block its of old fiat design so power and torque are down on what could have been acheived. i had a 3dr 1.6 and it was definatly faster than my 1.2, yet noticably slower than my 1.8 stilo. it was then obviously phased out by the 1.4 fire stilo. which does indideed give the same power, (yet lower torque).

fuel economy was worse than the 1.8 though

Back