Technical Steering wheel controls on a popular

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel controls on a popular

I think this is possibly a stupid question but do you think that a popular with no steering wheel controls would have the wiring for them behind the airbag?

If I was to put a lounge wheel on a popular would I be able to wire in the wheel controls?

Or am I being stupid? Is it all part of the blue and me system which presumably can't be retro fitted?

I believe it is tied into blue and me.

Also in car building terms steering wheel controls are comparatively expensive so if you're not fitting a feature like this to cut costs on a model then fitting the compatible clock spring and wiring with it is all going against that plan, so generally you won't find the wiring for it anyway

Wiring is possibly there, but you'd need to change the clock spring behind the wheel for starters, and as Andy has mentioned, probably install B&M also. It really isn't worth the hassle imo.

IIRC the Blue&Me module is located somewhere near the rear wheel arch; it wouldn't surprise me to find the wiring isn't there in pop models.

On the other hand Aussie Pops have the full Blue&Me system with steering wheel control.

FIAT's policy here seems to be have fewer model choices but with higher standard specs, probably to keep the price higher. No stripped-out 'entry level'.

Back