Stanford Teaser?

Currently reading:
Stanford Teaser?

arc said:

re the bumper, yeah its a bit loose. I used to have 185/60's all round. It used to rub all the time, few big bumps and its knocked the bumper out of line slightly.

Another thing to sort when (if) it all gets resprayed - my cars more about whats been to the handling than styling :)

I considered clear side repeaters.. but at £15 a set - come on! Chrome bulbs.. again maybe, but i want LED's in there instead :p

dude. £9.99 universal ones... they just use sticky pads to stick them to the body work! they are LED as well! ;) can have a look at stanford.

and i actually have LED indicator bulbs in the boot, 4 of them.... but when i fitted them they flashed too fast, then i noticed u have to fit these http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=429&osCsid=5b3bebfd901e7e44cda0a7b7c85840f8 to get them to flash at normal speed, and i havent been assed to get any, and i also realised that i needed offset pin bulbs and just bought normal, so they fit but need a bit of jiggling, ill show u at stanford if u want, and u can have the bulbs for a few quid as well as i prob wont use them!!!

there is a limit to how low then!, i agree, looks dodgy having the rear wheel hiding,

pic of citroen, see the rear wheels? i can just about see them, lol

untitled.bmp

cant you raise and lower the ride height with a leaver inside the car?, I think their cars have been so low to help you load your shopping in or to save you the cost of getting it lowered :D

Yeah the BX has the Hydroactive Suspension that Citreon used to run on a number of cars. My dads Xantia has it. It makes it a good car for towing as it is self leveling The car also doesn't need headlight adjusters as it just levels the entire car. Changing a wheel is also easier cos you crank it to max height then only have to wind the jack a few turns to get the wheel to lift.
Its good for bumps but crap for cornering, you try and fling the car in any direction and every loose object in the car collects in one corner.
Citroen did have a solution to this with the sportier models, eg the 3.0L V6 Xantia they released. It had the same smooth ride over the bumps but had lateral G detectors so when you quickly changed direction the suspension stiffened and the thing cornered quite well.
Anywho off topic.

Last edited:
Back