Technical Stainless Exhaust Systems - Suppliers

Currently reading:
Technical Stainless Exhaust Systems - Suppliers

Is there a section on Stainless Exhaust Systems for the 500? or rather companies that supply them.

Asking for a friend 😂
I don't know of any specifically but personally I think there are a couple of reasons not to go stainless.
1\ They sound more tinny due to the higher tensile stainless steel not absorbing sound as well as normal mild steel exhausts.
2\ Although they don't rust due to their high tensile nature they can fracture at mounting points etc, and not every garage has DC Tig welding equipment and stainless steel rods to effect a repair , so if repaired with a normal mild steel Mig wire etc. it undoes any benefits of the stainless steel.

... and not every garage has DC Tig welding equipment and stainless steel rods to effect a repair....
Thats ok, I do. I don't mind doing repairs, just can't be assed bothered with another project.

I've just contacted a custom exhaust centre who go by the name of Profusion Customs, if the price is not too stupid, and I end up going for it, I'll mention the 'tinny' issue, they profess to experts at changing the tone.

I was most impressed that in their video they purged the inside of the pipe, which I know from experience that only the 'good boys' do.

Back