General Spotify-Android-Uconnect combo woes

Currently reading:
General Spotify-Android-Uconnect combo woes

Geolith

FKA Goodcoin
I have Uconnect 6.5 NAV unit, Galaxy S8 smartphone and Spotify premium account. Now, sometimes when I turn on the unit, the music streaming continues almost instantly, as it should. But most of the times it's a long and hard negotiation between the unit and the phone's audio which may or may not end successfully. In case it fails, I have to access Spotify on the phone manually and give it a jolt.

I don't think there's any issue with Bluetooth connection, because the unit connects to the phone itself always instantly, allowing to make and receive phone calls right away. I think the issue may lie somewhere in the way the phone and the unit interact with each other when it comes to the access to the phone's audio.

Does anyone else have this combo? Are you struggling as well?

This is probably partly to do with your phone. I too have a Samsung and it doesn't always get on with my 6.5in uconnect. Distorted sound is the most common problem. On my old Moto X Play, things were a lot better. Forum threads for problems with Samsung Bluetooth aren't hard to find for a variety of cars.

I have Deezer and the really strange thing is that the sound via standard Bluetooth playback is often (not even consistently) rubbish. Yet it's fast to change tracks. Through the live option, using the inbuilt app, the sound quality is good but it's so sluggish to flick between tracks.

I think we all just have to learn to live with the fact that it's a reasonably rubbish system that has been built to the absolute minimum specification required to be described as "just about acceptable".

This is probably partly to do with your phone. I too have a Samsung and it doesn't always get on with my 6.5in uconnect. Distorted sound is the most common problem. On my old Moto X Play, things were a lot better. Forum threads for problems with Samsung Bluetooth aren't hard to find for a variety of cars.

I have Deezer and the really strange thing is that the sound via standard Bluetooth playback is often (not even consistently) rubbish. Yet it's fast to change tracks. Through the live option, using the inbuilt app, the sound quality is good but it's so sluggish to flick between tracks.

I think we all just have to learn to live with the fact that it's a reasonably rubbish system that has been built to the absolute minimum specification required to be described as "just about acceptable".

Sadly the After Market alternatives cost an arm and a leg if one wants to retain Menu and Settings options

That's the thing, I don't have any issues with sound quality, or connection stability, or anything like that. When it's connected, it works just fine, doesn't drop out, no problems whatsoever. My only problem is the inexplicable delay that occurs sometimes when switching the unit on. It picks up the phone's presence almost instantly, but the media playback is an entirely different opera. Sometimes I turn on the unit and the last track immediately continues to play, and other times I have to wait, hoping for it to pick up the media eventually, or switch the tabs back and forth (sometimes switching to radio and back to media helps), or restart the playlist in the Spotify app on the phone, which usually forces the unit to wake up.

Interestingly, I also have a Samsung S8 and the 6.5" navi screen on 500x. But I am using the default Samsung Music, to play my albums. I haven't had any problems, once I switch on the engine, the mp3 playback or the current call (whichever I'm on) quickly transfer to the car unit.

I think there is a slight delay when the transfer happens, probably 1-2 seconds, but thats it.

Sorry, I don't have Spotify.

I have Uconnect 6.5 NAV unit, Galaxy S8 smartphone and Spotify premium account. Now, sometimes when I turn on the unit, the music streaming continues almost instantly, as it should. But most of the times it's a long and hard negotiation between the unit and the phone's audio which may or may not end successfully. In case it fails, I have to access Spotify on the phone manually and give it a jolt.

I don't think there's any issue with Bluetooth connection, because the unit connects to the phone itself always instantly, allowing to make and receive phone calls right away. I think the issue may lie somewhere in the way the phone and the unit interact with each other when it comes to the access to the phone's audio.

Does anyone else have this combo? Are you struggling as well?

good choice

Back