General speedo cable

Currently reading:
General speedo cable

my 1st uno turbo

hi people just been out and bought a new uno turbo and it has no speedo cable i will be getting ond soon just bought one does any one no how to put them in i have never done one before cheers

Yeah, didn't you know?

It was announced on the forum a while back. I thought you paid attention :p

You say it doesn't have a speedo cable, do you mean that the speedo doesn't work, or that the entire cable unit is missing? If it is missing, can you not just find the hole in the bulkhead and thread it through?
I'm sorry I can't be of any more help, I only have a normal Uno and don't have a spare grand laying around to buy a Turbo with :(

Last edited:
God damn it man!
Im trying! :D

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

No wait.

Im not :p

hi people just been out and bought a new uno turbo and it has no speedo cable i will be getting ond soon just bought one does any one no how to put them in i have never done one before cheers

OK, assuming this is an old Uno Turbo... ;)
(and Chas - 1986Uno45S - that thread you linked to is about a clutch cable... :confused:)

Did you figure out how to get to the back of the instruments? On the Mk1 you pop the lid up close to the windscreen, then pull it towards you to disengage from hooks near the steering wheel. On the Mk2, you undo some Allen screws (hex-socket capscrews).

The cable fitting has a collar that must be held back so the plastic fingers clip on to the instrument. You may need to rotate the cable to engage it.

The gearbox end is fairly straightforward (threaded ring) but it would be easy to cross-thread the ring and difficult to see, so take your time. Perhaps work from underneath the car.

I think usually the speedometer cable runs across on top of the heater casing, inside the car, and emerges through a grommet on the left side of the bulkhead.

-Alex

its on a mk2 uno turbo i thought the top of the dash comes out to but it dont its only the mk1 i think cheers for the help will try and do it when it comes

(and Chas - 1986Uno45S - that thread you linked to is about a clutch cable... :confused:)

Oops! Clutch cable, speedo cable, feeling tired = getting them mixed up! :eek:

its on a mk2 uno turbo i thought the top of the dash comes out to but it dont its only the mk1 i think cheers for the help will try and do it when it comes

You can remove the speedo cable without removing the dash top in a mk1 - it's fiddly but I've done it ;)

Back