Technical Speedo cable - Selecta

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo cable - Selecta

Noggin500

Hi everyone,
Just joined ... Fiat fanatic - especially Pandas!

Have a J reg Selecta, 1.0. Runs great, but its speedo cable has broken. :bang:

Does anyone know where a replacement can be found?
Thanks.

Thanks Jon.
Yes - tried parts depts in Fiat dealerships. Informed that these are no longer available.

I'm thinking a scrappie, or bespoke cable makers to obtain one? Any more thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

BTW: you're as bad as me ...... 4 Pandas in yard (E-reg 1.0; J-reg 1.0 selecta (Bright white!); K-reg 1.0 (shiny black); L-reg 1.0 (Mainly red ... has dubious pleasure of one mid-blue door ATM: lol!!!!) These were all bought as 'wrecks' for daughters to learn to drive - now just can't bear to part with them!

Dealerships be wrong. Well they're available for the 1108cc Selecta's and iirc there is very little difference in the gearboxes between the two.

One on the new Panda is noisey, so going to be replacing it.

Been quoted £31 inc VAT at Desira Fiat of Gt Yarmouth, part no:7764470 (y)

Hope this helps.

Jon.

BTW: you're as bad as me ...... 4 Pandas in yard (E-reg 1.0; J-reg 1.0 selecta (Bright white!); K-reg 1.0 (shiny black); L-reg 1.0 (Mainly red ... has dubious pleasure of one mid-blue door ATM: lol!!!!) These were all bought as 'wrecks' for daughters to learn to drive - now just can't bear to part with them!

Tell me about it.

We've only ever sold one of our. Just had a Selecta written off :( and brought two 750L's on seperate ocassions for donor parts.

Currently got 5 road worthy mk2 Panda's, one mk3 (sisters car when she passes), and a shell of a donor 750L that will be going iminatly. Had 9 in total if I include the last donor 750L, the 1000CL we've recently sold, and the written off Selecta :eek:

Bloody hell. Only just realised it's that many :eek:

Hello, Noggin - I have the same problem i.e. speedo cable for a Panda 1.1 CLX auto, and Desira Fiat (as well as my unhelpful local dealer) have told me they can't get one. Did you manage to? If you did, any help would be much appreciated - my little Panda has only done 48k from new !

Welcome to the forums.

It's worth trying multiple Fiat main dealers, sometimes they have discontinued parts lying around that you can pick up cheap. Check the part number on ePER to see if it's a common part that's used on several models which will allow you to widen your search. Scrap yards can be treasure troves, although they are less accessible now days.

Failing that you could try a cable manufacturer, they will either repair your cable or use it as a pattern and make you a new one. I'm sorry but I have no idea what they charge.

http://www.speedycables.com/

Is it noisy or broken?
(if noisy can be fixed) :)

Hello, Noggin - I have the same problem i.e. speedo cable for a Panda 1.1 CLX auto, and Desira Fiat (as well as my unhelpful local dealer) have told me they can't get one. Did you manage to? If you did, any help would be much appreciated - my little Panda has only done 48k from new !

Hiya.

Which Desira dealers have you used?

As far as I'm aware unfortunatly this is a part that is no longer available.

We even looked into getting one in from italy, but LHD's have shorter cables :bang:

Only choice would be to possibly try and source a Late Jap Panda parts source as the Japs drive on the same side of the road as us.

Best of luck with getting it sorted. We've only just had to change our only spare the week before last as it was noisey and then snapped in dad's Selecta.

Hi Noggin, welcome to the section.

If you ever want to sell the E reg please give me first refusal! I would love an early(ier) Panda!!!

Nice to have you around.

Cheers

MARTIN

OP was in April Martin :eek:

Last edited:
Def cannot be bought / ordered anymore. At least not from the UK :( I managed to get mine from a donor Selecta before that it was very noisy. I used to just turn up the CD player :p

Back