Punto (Mk1) Sparetyre rim from old Fiat Punto s 55 as regular rim?

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) Sparetyre rim from old Fiat Punto s 55 as regular rim?

FiatBeardk

Hey mates,

I have really wanted to ask some enthusiasts here, cause i'm very enthusiastic about my old Punto S 55 -1996. :)
I inherited it from my grandpa, and it is well running condition.

I am in the situation where I need 1 single rim to create a full summertyre set. The old man left me 3 rims apart from the ones I got winter tyres on. :)

My question you blokes in here is, could i use the rim of the spare wheel? It seems to me that cars in those days came with regular steel rims.
So only the tyre itself is the problem on the sparewheel.
for refference: https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...model/punto/part/spare-wheel/partid/13437694/

I use 4.50b x 13" H rims (Yea, the S 55 had pretty small stock wheels) and the sparetyre rim has the exact same measurements. I could piant it black and use it, as long the sparetyre rim is not made of lightweight material, but again it seems that back then, it was more common to have a regular steel rim with a temopary use tyre.
Would anyone know if the sparetyre rim was just a regular steel rim in a Punto S 55? Or is it some lightweight stuff?
Rims that size which fits the car have been hard to come by..
I would just use a regular tyre from a seasonal set as my sparetyre if need be, as it fits fine in the luggage.

i had the exact same idea but never got to actually using the spare rims i hoarded as i found a cheap set of original alloys and used them instead.
But i think it's not a bad idea and it's a good way to get a rim that hasn't been abused by potholes and other junk for 25 years (so, not bent and rust-free).

If you want to be sure they're the same, try comparing the steel thickness (hole openings along the outer edge is a good place) with your 3 rims to see if it's the same. They look like they are but i never measured.

I will try to compare them! Would be really nice to just end the search and get some summer tyres on the car. 😄

Back