General spare wheel

Currently reading:
General spare wheel

why is there no spare wheel on my new panda?

Because it doesn't come with one...! ;)

Sorry. Serious answer: unless you specified a space-saver (IIRC) as an option (number 803, I think), all you'll get is a 'Fix&Go' tyre repair kit. :(

And no, I'm not a fan, either; and was seriously considering getting a full-size spare, when I had one on order (now cancelled...). Even the space-saver in my Punto still leaves me a tad uncomfortable.... :shakehead:

You may be able to order the space-saver through your dealer, though.... :idea:

PS: Welcome to the Forum...! (y)

Last edited:
A full-size spare was an option on the previous model for a while - and an absolute bargain at 30 quid - check the wheel size and find the right Fiat in a scrap yard.

Well, I had a blowout at three in the morning, while I was at work. It took an hour and a half for the AA to send somebody to change my wheel, and I was able to carry on. I drove straight to the tyre place the next morning and bought a new tyre. The ruined tyre was unrepairable, and gunk wouldn't have fixed it either. My only surprise was that the repair man said he didn't carry a tyre pump (to adjust the spare's pressure) because, he said, customers were expedcted to have spare tyres in working order!!! How much do I pay for the AA? :confused:

Anyhow, I wouldn't buy any car without a proper spare wheel, or an inflatable skinny at worst, because gunk isn't always any use, and where it does work it ruins an otherwsie repairable tyre. In the case of my puncture, if I'd had only gunk I would have been towed somewhere and then been off the road and hugely inconvenienced. And if it had been Christmas day, when I also work....?????? :eek:

It's done to save money, and don't believe anything else.

Back