General Snow!!

Currently reading:
General Snow!!

tipomike

Established member
Got caught out in the snow over the weekend - finally got home this morning. Tipo went well - long time since its been in he snow but was as sure footed as always!!

Attachments

• 24991327_10155800101843847_4444393156388882235_n.jpg
    24991327_10155800101843847_4444393156388882235_n.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 25
Ha, mine had all the locks and handles frozen solid this morning, needed kettles of hot water and a hairdrier on an extension to finally get in through the passenger side!

Drove OK on my Goodyear Vectos I must say, they give real confidence even without ABS....

Spray the door rubbers with silicone spray, give the locks and handles a good shot of lock oil or graphite ;)

I think it was just deep frozen... even after I got one of the locks to work and open the central locking, the buttons wouldn't push in.

It may be just the design, or perhaps because the snow during the day was slushy and sat on the car then some moisture crept inside. Then we had a long freeze overnight.

It was bad the next day too but easier / quicker to fix, not quite so cold I suppose.

I've gaffer taped over most of my main grille as well now for quicker warm-up.

Headline 2000: “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past”
by MARLO LEWIS on DECEMBER 27, 2010

in BLOG

On March 20, 2000, The Independent, a British newspaper, reported that “Snowfalls are just a thing of the past.” Global warming was simply making the UK too warm for heavy snowfalls. The column quotes Dr. David Viner of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia — yes, the epicenter of what would become the Climategate scandal — as saying that within a few years snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event.” Indeed, Viner opined, “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”

Similarly, David Parker, at the UK’s Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research, said that eventually British children could have only “virtual” experience of snow via movies and the Internet.
And we're supposed to take these expert scientits[sic] seriously?

Back