Technical Sitting lopsided?

Currently reading:
Technical Sitting lopsided?

PETR0LHEAD

Hi all

Our latest Multipla has had a problem since we bought it a few months back.

Its no spring chicken, an 04 with 120k clicks on it, but it mot'd a treat and is proving to be a good buy.

But, the offside rear corner sits notably lower than the rest of the car.

The mot didn't turn up any bush or component wear to be concerned with, the dampers look recently replaced and the coil springs look intact,

So how or why could it have a low corner?

A weak spring perhaps?

Could be a 'weak' Spring, or one that's shorter.

Dampers can't affect the ride height, unless you have one that's far too short of course.

Measure and compare the distance between the lower damper bolt and a fixed point on the Sub-frame, on both sides.

Odd profile Tyres would cause it, but it's unlikely, and I'd expect the MOT tester to pick up on that.

Jack both rear wheels clear of the ground, put an Axle Stand under each side (on the Sub-frame, not on the Trailing arms), and compare the two Wheel heights.

Check your front spring, mine broke and spat the top 100mm of coil out onto the pub car park, sits lopsided now, lifts the rear on one side......

Those of you in the know, could worn trailing arm bushes on one side cause it to be lopsided? Just a thought. Panda

Possibly.
If one side was that badly worn though you'd almost certainly notice the Wheel leaning long before any ride-height issue, and it would probably be picked up by a good MOT tester.

Dr DP made a good point . . .
Check your front spring, mine broke and spat the top 100mm of coil out onto the pub car park, sits lopsided now, lifts the rear on one side.

Is your front end level Petrolhead?
You only mentioned the rear in your original post . . .
. . . the offside rear corner sits notably lower than the rest of the car . . .

Back