General Should i get a Fiat Uno ?

Currently reading:
General Should i get a Fiat Uno ?

Erm i is wondering whether to get a fiat uno as my first car i think they look nice and my dad also reckons i should get one since they have cheap parts etc etc.

I am still doing my lessons at the moment i'm on about my 13th lesson and can drive but apparently im gonna need a gew more yet before i can do my test.

But i might have found a cheap insurance place since i am nearly 19 and male and a first driver the insurance kills ya but this website is apparently cheap http://www.cis.co.uk/

and i say apparently because the car insurance part is not working at the moment [:(!] grrrr

If it is cheap i would like to get a car very soon so i can drive around in it and have even more pratice and get used to my own car.

i have been looking at Fiat Unos along with Vauxhall novas and a few others but it comes down to uno or nova.

Apparently i could get a 1.1i which isn't too much on the insurance and pretty nippy.

all i would really like to know is what model uno should i get i would like it to be as fast or if not faster than my m8s nova.
and 3 door in black.

also can you lower uno ?

Hi welcome to the fiat forums
You can get a 1.0 uno they are well cheep to insure. as for beating a nova depends what nova it is. I wanted my son to get a uno but could not find a good one at the time, so he has got nova with garented 24000 miles on the clock.
Thing we have noticed with the nova is that a lot of div's do them up and then crash them so you can get second hand modding bits from scrappies easley also looking at the ones at the scrappy they rust to bits (more than fiats)
you get more room in a UNO.
Also if you get the uno you can use these forums for top advice:D

try direct line for a quote was cheepest for my son 18 years old.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

yup, you can lower Unos .. u can get springs and shocks for 35-60mm

I got one for my first car.. the 1.0L Uno Fire. there very basic inside but who cares..they drive nice and are generally reliable.

dont get a nova... be different and get and uno... novas look s**t anyway

sig.jpg

My Lovely Uno

Cool thx for reasuring me i just wanted to hear some Uno owners tell me to get one lol :D

Mwahahaha i'll soon have my lovely first car and your right i should be different there are lots of Novas here in essex.

and cool you can lower it thats the only 2 modifications i'm gonna make to my car i'm gonna lower it and put some nice alloys on.

erm is it easy to lower or would i have to get someone to do it how much would that cost anyways thx for the replys and i'm sure i'll be posting on here in the future especially when i get one.

and btw if anyone sees a Black fiat uno 1.0 or up that has 3 doors or 2 doors and a boot lol and is in good condition and is cheap and is anywhere near Basildon Essex then i would be grateful if you could tell me.

FIAT UNO Black, 3 door hatchback, 1991, J reg, 1 owner, 82,000 miles, good condition, MOT until May 2004 £200 ono (01702) 342166

i've seen this ad it basically suits me in everything except i don't know engine size and would need to see before buy but well lets just say i ain't persuading my parents lol so looks like i'll never get it :(

Unless its a turbo model (which would have been mentioned if it was) then its most likely a 999cc version.

As for lowering, it will cost you about 60-80 for the springs on there own... depends what make you go for. Make sure you get a haynes manual for the uno... very useful! it tells you exactly how to change the springs but its pretty simple anyway.

If you want to get new shocks (highly recommended when lowering 60mm) them it will cost you £215 ... i will give you the site to buy them. This is still not too hard to fit but again, get a haynes manual so u know exactly how to do it :D

sig.jpg

My Lovely Uno

you will be better off with a carb model less trouble than injection, if that one turnes out to have too big an engine try basildon car auctions, go for a dealer part exchange one not private if you go to auction it should say on the ticket on the window if it comes from a dealer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

cheers dave :D

but looks like the insurance and road tax is gonna prevent me from getting a car this cheap and that fits everything i want right colour number of doors etc

but since i don't have any where like a garage or a driveway etc to put the car it means i will have to get tax and insurance and everthing now :(

well you could always just leave it in the street and then if the police tell you to move it then move it. By law its not allowed to be on the road without tax but it might come with some tax left over anyway and if you lvie in a quiet street the police will never notice it anyway. then they will tell you to remoive it and then you can worry about finding somewhere to put it

sig.jpg

My Lovely Uno

Have you not got a friend with an empty drive way or better still friendly old lady neighbour.
get it insured in parents name with you added cheeper.

Back