Technical seicento wiring through bulkhead!!

Currently reading:
Technical seicento wiring through bulkhead!!

jimp

Hiya!
How do I get from the cabin to the engine bay with wiring??
After 10 minutes with my feet on the parcelshelf and my head jammed under the dash, I cannot find the engine harness coming through from the engine bay.
Having removed the dash vents/speakers and heater controls I'm non the wiser; should I run it out of the window and tape it down the side of the car?!

What's the secret?

Pretty much sums it up!

There are two "outs" IIRC, one below the battery tray, one on the passenger side near the servo/clutch quadrant cover. Both need the carpet removing (partially).

Both are tight and difficult to find. A welding rod with some vaseline on it is useful. :eek:

Or drill a hole and use a grommet................

this is behind the battery on a Cinq;

ve_wiring_grom.jpg

as has been said, the loom passes through at the other side of the car.

if you want to drill the bulkhead to run wires through, this is a good place;

loom_inside.jpg

new_loom.jpg

Last edited:
Thankyou arc
Thankyou fingers- you guys are a resource!!

I didn't realise the access was that low down- I'll have a look tonight...

JimP

I ran mine down the passenger side of the car and then up behind the speaker and through a grommit which is just below the the ecu sits.

Uses a old coat hanger to pull the power cables through

Thanks Conway
Thanks Rallycinq!

That's seems logical enough- I'll start from the engine side- you can't see a thing for the soundproofing internally...
I couldn't see that grommit internally, but I did see an unused one next to the wiper motor from the engine side... It's so ironic; I thought this would be the easy bit! On a larger car it would be easier I suppose...

JimP

Back