General Seicento Abarth?

Currently reading:
General Seicento Abarth?

i own a sporting go on my profile and look in my garage and look at my engine the only diffrence is mine has a k&n filter and its red >.>

people put there own turbo on
they ether have single point injection (spi) or multi point injection (mpi)
its called sporting cause of the engine it had when it came out and other parts>.> his is sporting wiv abarth bits put on it has sporting seats (sept headrests) and the carbon look dial thing the front and rear bumpers are erly sporting

my engine and car excuse the middle of bumper bein cut out....if ur sayin his ent sporting then ur saying mine isent

im not saying yours is but his is defo

bogg standard sx and pre owner has stuck all tht extras on himself to look the part thats why he has no skirts or spoiler

mine is a sporting and look at it :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

his is sporting it has everythink a spotring comes standerd with hence no spoiler its just been debadged and had a few abarth bits and stikers put on it
and yours has abarth skirts on it his doesent he just has plane skirts like mine

agreed. this is a 1.1 sporting mk1. it has a few abarth bits stuck on and some mk2 sidestrips by the looks of it but its definatly a sporting. the giveaway for me is the little strip under the bonnet which once would have been orange.

agreed. this is a 1.1 sporting mk1. it has a few abarth bits stuck on and some mk2 sidestrips by the looks of it but its definatly a sporting. the giveaway for me is the little strip under the bonnet which once would have been orange.

look fair play to the man it only cost him 300 but my point is that it isnt an abarth like he thinks all that stuff has been put on by an owner of the car to make it look better than it is

it looks nothing like mine and mines 2 yr newer and i have log book saying its a sporting

guess mine is more special than i thought :worship::worship:

all hail the seicento drivers :worship::worship:

To the turbo guy

It is a sporting because a 1998 S or SX were 899 from that era and has a different engine for a start

It isnt an abarth because it is missing some items like the skirts etc, unless these have been removed so it is a good attempt at turning into an abarth and is almost an abarth, the wheels, seats, interior (barring the abarth badge on the rev counter) are all from an abarth model

If we are playing tennis like you said, yours too is a sporting with the abarth kit stuck on it, although the only difference is yours is probably factory fitted and his has been done at a later date by an owner at some point

Sportings werent turboed from the factory, I think there was only one that was, and that was like a fiat directors car for the wife, i doubt that is what you have as you would probably have documentation saying so, they didnt come with induction kits on either so yours has been modified during an ownership also, i wouldnt be suprised if an abarth kit hadve been stuck on at some point also, but for now we will accept it came like that from new

They are all N/A

The abarth as a model wasnt out until 2001 when in MPI mode

There are various reasons why its higher to insure, for a start it is/was 2 higher insurance groups than the S or SX which is why its initially dearer to insure, nothing to do with turbo etc

Judging by this thread and the way you jumped in you have been misguided quite a lot about what a standard car is, as your very first post, 2nd and 3rd posts on this thread about 95% of it was rubbish

People had already advised him on what a standard car was, which it appeared he accepted and it had moved onto insurance matters so why you brought it back to abarth etc is anyone guess

I suggest you read up on the FAQ of all the different models and guises if you want to give good advice, which unfortuneatly a lot of your posts wasnt and to any newbie that ever reads this thread should be ignored

Last edited:
To the turbo guy

It is a sporting because a 1998 S or SX were 899 from that era and has a different engine for a start

It isnt an abarth because it is missing some items like the skirts etc, unless these have been removed so it is a good attempt at turning into an abarth and is almost an abarth, the wheels, seats, interior (barring the abarth badge on the rev counter) are all from an abarth model

If we are playing tennis like you said, yours too is a sporting with the abarth kit stuck on it, although the only difference is yours is probably factory fitted and his has been done at a later date by an owner at some point

Sportings werent turboed from the factory, I think there was only one that was, and that was like a fiat directors car for the wife, i doubt that is what you have as you would probably have documentation saying so, they didnt come with induction kits on either so yours has been modified during an ownership also, i wouldnt be suprised if an abarth kit hadve been stuck on at some point also, but for now we will accept it came like that from new

They are all N/A

The abarth as a model wasnt out until 2001 when in MPI mode

There are various reasons why its higher to insure, for a start it is/was 2 higher insurance groups than the S or SX which is why its initially dearer to insure, nothing to do with turbo etc

Judging by this thread and the way you jumped in you have been misguided quite a lot about what a standard car is, as your very first post, 2nd and 3rd posts on this thread about 95% of it was rubbish

People had already advised him on what a standard car was, which it appeared he accepted and it had moved onto insurance matters so why you brought it back to abarth etc is anyone guess

I suggest you read up on the FAQ of all the different models and guises if you want to give good advice, which unfortuneatly a lot of your posts wasnt and to any newbie that ever reads this thread should be ignored

well said mate

Sorry guys, but I think I might have some concerns over which way this thread appears to have gone. :eek:

So, (and just for the record)

The Fiat was bought from a popular auction site for £310 here's the link............. mmmm no it won't allow me to do that as I have too few posts, so here is the advert cut and pasted.

Fiat Seicento Sporting Arbarth in Black
Oil/fluids just changed
New head gasket
New cambelt
Excellent (almost new?) tyres
Electric windows
Central Locking
Arbarth Carbon Interior
Arbarth body kit
Sunroof

I purchased this car in february of this year for my sister who had just lost her job and with it her company car. When I bought the car it required a new head gasket but I wasn't really thinking and due to work commitments I only managed to fit it about 6 weeks ago so I never managed to give it to her! The MOT and tax ran out on May 31st this year and as I work away from home I just don't have the time to MOT the vehicle and certainly would not have time to repair anything if it failed. I still have a Lotus I have been trying to recommision for two years sitting in the garage too! Saying that the car has done 0 miles since February and 0 miles since a new head gasket, cambelt and engine service was performed. Although I am not a mechanic I cannot think of anything it would fail on. Please be advised that I have never driven the car on the road due to the fact that I have only just replaced the head gasket and now the MOT and tax has expired!
The cars bodywork looks to be in very good condition. There is the odd small car park ding and there is no rust apart from some bubbling in front of the rear passenger wheel. It is a smart looking car featuring all the Arbarth bits you would expect. I must point out that the front bumper has been repaired from what looks like a bump on the front passenger side. It looks fine in my opinion but if I were to be keeping the car myself I would perhaps look out for a bumper on ebay or a breakers etc. The front passenger light top mounting tab has also been repaired as it obviously snapped off at some point. There are bonnet has a couple of small creases on the front by the fiat badge. This is all minor stuff and nothing that could not be repairs in a weekend with a can of spray paint from halfords! This damage/repair all occured before I bought the vehicle but feel I must point it out to give as accurate a picture as I can.
Mechanically the car seems fine. The engine runs well and will sit there idling fine and fans cut in and out normally. All electrics work as they should and the car has two sets of keys. The interior is very good although there is a small hole in the driver seat and one in the in the rear seat -about half the size of a penny. The tyres are excellent and look almost new. The car is totally standard apart from the front suspension has been lowered slighly. It appears that because of this the tyres will rub on the inner wheel arches slightly when on full lock.
All in all a nice looking fiat Arbarth that could be made perfect with a weekend spent on it (something I don't have!) I am somewhat dissapointed I never found the time as it is a great looking car and deserves to be sorted.
Please remember I have tried to describe the vehicle to the best of my ability. I am not a mechanic or in the car trade and all views expressed are in good faith. Please remember the car currently has no MOT as described previously so it is up to the buyer to make collection arrangements etc. This is an auction and you are bidding to buy the car. If you have any reservations or are unsure in anyway then simply don't bid! As with any motor vehicle the car is sold as seen and there is no warranty implied etc.
I have advertised the car so it will be listed over two weekends to enable people to view the car if they wish to do so.
If you have any questions please ask and please feel free to come and view the car. Although the nights are drawing in I have a floodlit drive so evenings may be possible.

Happy Bidding

On 12-Nov-10 at 11:24:55 GMT, seller added the following information:

One thing I forgot to mention. The car had a new handbrake cable fitted before I bought it and the handbrake needs adjusting as it currently is not operating properly. Again a small job I expect but I cannot find the time for even things like this! Obviously as I forgot to mention this if anyone has already bid and wishes to withdraw their bid please let me know and I will cancel it.

As mentioned before I work away from home and my return has been delayed so I will not be home until Sunday afternoon at the earliest.

Even though it was advertised as an Abarth, I had done some homework (admittedly after winning) and realised that it was in fact a very early 1.1 Sporting from June 1998. When I got the log book it confirmed what I had researched. My initial posting to this thread was a question about wether Abarth's came from the factory as a model in it's own right or if it was a case of 'bolt-on' goodies afterwards. I am in no way disappointed that it has had a little makeover.
Please remember that I have bought this for my step-son who isn't even 17 until next July. My idea was for him to help me in the garage to a) get him off the PS3 and b) to inject a little petrol into his veins.

I have been restoring and playing around with cars since I was 15 when I started my first full restoration of an MGB GT in a corner of my fathers sheet metal workshop. It took me 3 years!
I currently work as a flight engineer on Tristar aircraft in the Royal Air Force (it's the guy on the flight deck that sits behind the two pilots with all the dials and switches). My current hobby is my Jensen Interceptor nicknamed the 'old REK'. It has a Chrysler 440 cubic inch V8 engine (7217cc) was built in West Bromwich in 1974 and is of Italian design. I am currently the worldwide Interceptor Registrar for the Jensen Owners Club. I am saying this purely on a 'credentials' basis and not bragging rights, I have been around cars for the last 30 years.

My second posting related to insurance, again please believe me when I say I am no stranger to insuring my cars. My question was about multi-car policies and did anyone have any experience of them as I insure all my cars individually. Some companies advertise that a new driver to a shared policy would build up his own no-claims and not damage the no-claims of other drivers on the policy should he have an accident. How true that is I will have to find out elsewhere.
I have done my homework on most of the above. I had it beaten into me by my father and school teachers that I must do homework - and I mean literally beaten into me (they used to let people do that!).

So I may come back this forum now and again to ask pertinant questions, after all I have already donated, so feel I can utilise this to gain some technical help. I was going to ask my step-son to join in on this forum, but after the responses, I think I will give that one a miss.

Please feel free to come across to the JOC forum, it's free to register and use. We generally use the Queen's english on there and in the main are quite polite and civil to one another.

I will take away from this thread the 'Keyboard Warrior' pic, that did make me laugh.

For those with too angry a disposition, please don't just talk the talk, join the military and I'll buy you a cuppa in Kandahar or Bastion (next year). That way, you can walk the walk and be a little bit more humble.

Kind regards
Lewi

please do not allow the small talk of a junior member with 13 posts to put you off this site, all genuine questions are met with genuine answers.

unfortunatly one individual decided to take a stand within your thread and for that im sure we all apologise to you. but i employ you to stick around and keep a eye on the forum. were always here to help.

as for the army. kudos and respect to yourself. one of a kind fella keep up the effort.

The Jensen Interceptor is one of my all time favourite cars.

Post a piccie please..........I suppose a drive is out of the question?

Barry aged 52.

I do feel there has been a bit of ganging up on the newbie but then he did get rather aggressive.

Thanks Clock and Bazza,

Sorry I didn't want to appear as though I was ranting.

Unfortunately Bazza I can't post urls until after this post! However I have put a couple of pics of my Interceptor on my members gallery and also one of the wife's Interceptor (hers is called 'The ASBO').

Lewi

PS, If you see me at a car show sometime, come and say hello. I'll let you sit in it!

yeah you sudent let peple put you of joining threds and pretty much argue free all the time you just get the odd one witch rearly come around . tis a wonderfull and usefull site and more the merrier :p cant remmber when i joined was a while ago but thats like the first thred i fink i seen turn into somethink like that your son could aslways just ask you though to be on the safe side if your worried
is a shame it all kicked of on like your first post though :(

thx andy
lovery car btw :p

Last edited:
Back