Styling seats for uno turbo?

Currently reading:
Styling seats for uno turbo?

Sorry - evidently no-one knows, though not everyone visits here every day :eek:

I've never fitted different seats to an Uno before. Because the seat rails are an unusual design for the Uno, no other model's seats will drop straight in.

You'd need to make up a frame (or get one made up), welded to the crossmember and to square-section tubing in the rear footwells, to suit the rails of whatever seats you want to fit.

You would lose the ability of the seats to tip forward.

Over here in NZ, seat mountings have to be certified (expensive) before the car can get a WOF (MOT equivalent). I don't know if the UK has similar rules.

It's something I think is only worthwhile for a full-on race car. Perhaps you'd like to tell us a bit more about what you're trying to achieve? :)

-Alex

As Alex says, the front seats of a Uno use a unique design of subframe that is integrated into the seat frame. It cannot be removed easily from the original Uno seat without cutting it off and re-welding it to a non Uno subframe.

Therefore the only seats that will swap straight into a Uno are those that are from any other Uno model. To fit Strada seats (or any non Uno seats) you would need to buy/ make some subframes that can be bolted/ welded to the Uno floor pan, or adapt the subframe and lift/tilt mechanism from a standard Uno seat to mate with the seat you wish to fit.

Hope this helps :)

Back