Technical Seat to fit whitin roling cage?

Currently reading:
Technical Seat to fit whitin roling cage?

Big Q

Have eny of you an ideer of whits seats to fit? I need to get further back in the car. Racing seats can´t fit even if it is the narrow one. Problem is the shoulder "wings" if we can call it that.

Attachments

• sæder 1.jpeg
    sæder 1.jpeg
    654.8 KB · Views: 52
  • sæder 2.jpeg
    sæder 2.jpeg
    671.2 KB · Views: 32
Have eny of you an ideer of whits seats to fit? I need to get further back in the car. Racing seats can´t fit even if it is the narrow one. Problem is the shoulder "wings" if we can call it that.
How big are you? How tall? I won a bet at a car show---this guys mates reckond that he wouldn't be able to sit comfortably in my 500---he was 6ft 5in tall--he lost the bet; he COULD sit in my car AND his head didn't touch the roof! There are a lot of 'racing' seats available that DON'T have 'wings' and are quite narrow. With these seats often come fitting kits, (which are also available seperately) which one can fit in almost any position, as long as the floor is suitably braced/reinforced where the new mounting bolts are fitted

I don’t mean to be negative, but without changing the position of the roll hoop in that cage, I can’t see any seat getting you further back than in that picture.

From my understanding, you really want your head comfortably in front of the main roll hoop. The idea being if you are in a collision there’s no risk of your head contacting the bar, which would be the equivalent of being beaten over the head with an iron bar…

I know it’s drastic to start changing the cage, but if you want to get comfortable and safe at the same time, it might be needed.

Back