Technical Seat marbella 4x4 ??

Currently reading:
Technical Seat marbella 4x4 ??

Did Seat ever build a 4x4 Marbella ?
yep,panda based cars according to "museo seat" yes, but only few prototypes made by Emelba{ not Steyr-puch type of 4x4}, early cars before 1986, before "marbella" became a car name, "marbella" was one of the types of seat panda like seat panda terra, seat panda movida , seat panda marbella etc.

If you have complete panda 4x4 it will be an easy swap, you have everything you need. There are few things except the engine ,gearbox , suspension exhaust, all pipes and cables you would like to swap from rotten panda to marbella, like servo assisted brakes, sumpguard, few elements from under the car , strut copulas tops to accommodate panda 4x4 shocks etc

Some hints you can find in my topic about barts trekking 4x4 1200. Not every part from panda to bella will fit in 100%, engine mounts require to drill few new holes , central part of the prop can be attached in an "easy" way, just drill holes through the beams and floor, or in more professional way, by welding the "pieces" from panda 4x4, refers also to the sumpguard rear mounts. Some cables and wires are to short/ too long etc.

metal bits you need from the rotten 4x4 engine bay/ from under the car

servo brakes with supporting plate and all pedals, cables { clutch gas,etc}:

Consider changing the metal brake hoses to new ones, brake master cylinders are also different,

It is an easy swap, but there are hundreds small choises to make during the process, ask a lot on the forum and all'll be fine(y)

Last edited:
Thanks guys i think this is way out of my zone :-(
i have no workshop or that much knowledge , i think i will just add the bull bars and weller wheels for now ... maybe sell off the Panda 4x4 as a project for someone else :)

yep,panda based cars according to "museo seat" yes, but only few prototypes made by Emelba{ not Steyr-puch type of 4x4}, early cars before 1986, before "marbella" became a car name, "marbella" was one of the types of seat panda like seat panda terra, seat panda movida , seat panda marbella etc.

If you have complete panda 4x4 it will be an easy swap, you have everything you need. There are few things except the engine ,gearbox , suspension exhaust, all pipes and cables you would like to swap from rotten panda to marbella, like servo assisted brakes, sumpguard, few elements from under the car , strut copulas tops to accommodate panda 4x4 shocks etc

Some hints you can find in my topic about barts trekking 4x4 1200. Not every part from panda to bella will fit in 100%, engine mounts require to drill few new holes , central part of the prop can be attached in an "easy" way, just drill holes through the beams and floor, or in more professional way, by welding the "pieces" from panda 4x4, refers also to the sumpguard rear mounts. Some cables and wires are to short/ too long etc.

metal bits you need from the rotten 4x4 engine bay/ from under the car

servo brakes with supporting plate and all pedals, cables { clutch gas,etc}:

Consider changing the metal brake hoses to new ones, brake master cylinders are also different,

It is an easy swap, but there are hundreds small choises to make during the process, ask a lot on the forum and all'll be fine(y)
I am sorry to go back to the old thread but I have some doubts about it since I am in a reconversion phase.

I start from a Panda Mk1 40 with 4 speed transmission and 903cc engine.

I have a fire 1.2 60hp engine with all the supports of a panda 4x4, 4x4 141 box, 4x4 transmission and 4x4 rear axle.

I understand from what little I have been reading that more or less everything fits well except what you say, adapt new holes for the engine and box supports (I do not know if the support that goes under the feet of the pilot (eu spec) or co-pilot (uk spec) is valid for the 4x4 box or I have to adapt.

Is the original gearbox linkage of my panda suitable for the 4x4 gearbox?
Any other tips you can think of for the conversion?

Attachments

• 4x4-gearbox.JPG
    4x4-gearbox.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-1.jpg
    Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 44
  • Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-2.jpg
    Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-3.jpg
    Transmisi-n-palanca-caja-3.jpg