Technical Scudo 1.9td clutch problem (pedal has dropped to floor)

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo 1.9td clutch problem (pedal has dropped to floor)

lee66

Clutch cable snapped in my 1.9td scudo van a couple of weeks ago.
I sent it to be fixed in my normal garage and basically I felt a little ripped off and they lost my keys for 2 days, so I don't plan on using these guys again!
Anyway the van works at least but only just, the clutch pedal is all the way to the floor I have approx 1 inch of play max in the whole clutch pedal (I have to almost stamp my foot through the floor to change gears!)

I took the van back to the garage and got fobbed off, didn't even look at it (they did the job on my driveway because they lost my keys!) and the problem got slightly worst so I went back again and made sure they looked at it this time. Anyway they spent about 20 mins on it and long story short they gave it me back exactly the same.
The guy seemed to think it could be my clutch pressure plates and started reeling aload of crap off. Not sure if he was talking the truth or not.

I went on Euro yesterday and ordered a new clutch kit, rocker gasket and some new glow plugs. But before I go and collect them, I am kind of doubting that it even is my clutch and not sure if im just wasteing £185 in parts!?

I have used this garage for as long as remember and never felt ripped off before but after this time I don't really plan to go back there ever again. I planned to go get the parts and either try get one of my mates to do it after work or on a weekend or find somewhere else to take it, but at least I got the parts here.
After having a read online though I am kind of thinking it could be the brake master / slave cylinder. Not sure how I could check if this is the problem before I go buy new clutch and go to hassle of fitting it. I have checked it (shared brake/clutch cylinder) and it looked normal to me but I dont really know what im looking for:bang:

Thanks for reading hope somebody can help

Back