Scottish Meet - Hopetoun House 16th August 2009

Currently reading:
Scottish Meet - Hopetoun House 16th August 2009

Italian Car and Bike Joint Meeting

In response to suggestions from various clubs proposing a joint informal meet we ( Myself from the Fiat Coupe Club, member from the Alfa Owners club, Ferrari / lambo club, and Barchetta-Scotland Club ) have gone ahead and planned one!

We have arranged with one of Scotland’s greatest country homes, Hopetoun House near the forth road bridge, to use their grounds on Sunday 16th August for the meet. Check it out, it’s a stunning location.

It is not going to be a ‘public event’ like Craigtoun or AutoItalia. That would require a different level of intense organization over a longer time. If the meet works then it is hoped to plan a full scale event for Italian cars and bikes next year.

The arrangements are simple:

1. Hopetoun will charge £5 entry to their grounds for every car and bike, even if multiple occupants/riders. The organisers and clubs make nothing out of this.

2. The number of cars/bikes are limited to 200.

3. We have to be in the grounds in front of the house by 10.30am at the latest. Suggested leaving time is about 3pm

4. Clubs will be allocated space according to marque. We will use the horseshoe and drive in front of the house, which ordinarily are ‘off limits’.

5. You need to contact me, in advance, to notify if you are going to display as we have to limit the numbers. The display cars will get and display a permit.

6. The restaurant will go from table service to self service for the day. Capacity is 100. The food is good.

7. The house will try and lay on interests for children in the grounds.

8. An engraved cup and prize is being donated by 360 Complete Vehicle Detailing for the nicest or most original car/bike.

9. The family still live in the house and it’s open to the public so we have to be well behaved and safe!

10. It’s absolutely only Italian cars and bikes. No exceptions.

It is my first time trying to organize an event in collaboration with members from other car clubs, so it would be fantastic if the Fiat Coupe Club can show a strong presence on that day.

For those able to make this, please let me know so we can get an idea of numbers and plan parking arrangements accordingly.

Kelvin :)

Oh i really didn't know about Mitcar. Well atleast its in a different region and hopefully it will entice people nearer Hopetoun to come.

Thanks for the suggestion Helz. Will post in the main area.

Back