Scatter/Navigational Rallies & Night Trials

Currently reading:
Scatter/Navigational Rallies & Night Trials

kezza92

Hey!
I stumbled across some articles recently about Scatter Rallies, Navigational Rallies and Night Trials. Since then, I've looked into participation in such events but havn't had any luck. Does anyone participate in any? As it's something I'd really like to experience and possibly get in to if I enjoy it.

Thanks,
Kieron =]

Yeah Trev basically,
but I'm looking for standard car rallies not 4x4 ones, I've found it really difficult to find any events tbh!
But yeah, they seem like really interesting events, requires only a basic road car, a co-driver and a lot of wit and navigational skill. Interested in getting involved in them as I really excelled at Orienteering at School, and consider myself a competant and sensible enough driver. =]

The Motor Sport Association is your starting point.

http://www.msauk.org/custom/asp/home/default.asp

Go to the regional associations page, click on where you are and that will give you a list of all the clubs in your area. It might even list a navigational rally coordinator, if your local association has one, who will direct you to clubs organising that type of event.

Once you have joined one club, that club's members will usually be invited to similar events organised by other clubs in that association.

A scatter rally has no defined route, just a list of points to be visited.

A navigational rally has a defined route and timing.

Cheers

D

Back