Punto (Mk1) Rusty MK1 GT - to receive a full revamp!!

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) Rusty MK1 GT - to receive a full revamp!!

lasqs

Hi all,

I bought this on eBay some time ago... it was a case of Friday evening with a pint in my hand. You can imagine what happens then. I expected sills to be a bit crusty... but is that all? I got some suspicions that it might be a bit more work than anticipated... The car definitely got a rich history

I decided to do a full revamp of the Punto... soon the start of the work with regular updates Facebook and Youtube. Please follow/subscribe for a full story.
Punto Restoration on Facebook
YouTube Chanel - Videos coming soon

Stay tuned as this Punto is about to be taken apart
20210702_184522.jpg

Hi all,

I bought this on eBay some time ago... it was a case of Friday evening with a pint in my hand. You can imagine what happens then. I expected sills to be a bit crusty... but is that all? I got some suspicions that it might be a bit more work than anticipated... The car definitely got a rich history

I decided to do a full revamp of the Punto... soon the start of the work with regular updates Facebook and Youtube. Please follow/subscribe for a full story.
Punto Restoration on Facebook
YouTube Chanel - Videos coming soon

Stay tuned as this Punto is about to be taken apart
View attachment 401180
Nice one. It is very interesting to watch somebody working on one of these cars.

:)

My son is taking apart his project, a 1997 Punto GT which is turning out to need a lot of welding. In fact I came here today looking to see if I could find any tips on sourcing repair panels for it. Good luck with yours, and if you find you need repair panels let us know where you find some! I'll try and remember to do likewise if I find some.

Welcome to the forum 👍🏻, look forward seeing your progress with the gt on the forum . Are you going to be keeping it standard spec ?
Hello! Do you (or anyone else) have any idea if anyone makes repair panels for mk1 Puntos, or are they not old and rare enough yet? My boy bought a project that turned out to be a lot worse than expected (we live in Finland, driving conditions not the best if it's used all year round) and I feel sorry for him - he's got a hell of a lot of welding practice ahead of him if it has to be done like that. I've been into Morris Minors, Minis and such, those you can get floor pans, sills, inner wheel arches and so on for. But these, does anyone know?

EDIT: it's a GT Punto, thought I'd mention in case it's relevant - they may have different body panels?

Klokkerholm makes repair panels for Punto 176.

Some of these products can also be found through some other online parts stores

Back