robust digi cam thats cheap?

Currently reading:
robust digi cam thats cheap?

blackJTD

Cymru Am Byth!
can anyone reccomend a cheap digi cam thats small and fits nicely in the pocket, can take lots of photos and is fairly robust?

im after something to take out on the pi55 so quality isnt a major issue coz the pics will only end up on facebook prob!!

thanks

ps preferably £20 or less!!

Last edited:

bozzy

Veracocha
My pi55 camera is a Pentax Optio S 4mp. I have had it for two years and has taken a right load of abuse and still the images are tack sharp. It's exactly the size of a credit card and outperforms my Casio exilim 7mp camera in every way. Come up on e-bay a lot for about £40. All the pics in my gallery were taken with it and it has a reasonable optical zoom too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackJTD

blackJTD

Cymru Am Byth!
cheers bozzy i like the look of them, what kinda memory card to they take and up to what size?

bozzy

Veracocha
It takes SD card, only got 256mb card myself but here's an example of IQ.

Attachments

• IMGP4720-2.JPG
    IMGP4720-2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
blackJTD

blackJTD

Cymru Am Byth!
whats IQ? image quality? how big a card will it take max then? or alternatively how many pics can u get on the 256mb card?

bozzy

Veracocha
whats IQ? image quality? how big a card will it take max then? or alternatively how many pics can u get on the 256mb card?

I can get roughly 80 (highest quaity) on the 256. Used to have a 1gb card and that worked fine too but not sure how high it can go. Yes, IQ is image quality (y)

OP
OP
blackJTD

blackJTD

Cymru Am Byth!
are then any other ones that are cheap and credit card sized? im struggling to find what bozzy suggested on ebay!!

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
canon ixus 2/ 4/5/6 megapixel.

can get em as cheap as £20-30 (for a good one!) like many compacts they'll have probably seen better days, but look after it and don't drop it in your pint it'll last for years (y)

OP
OP
blackJTD

blackJTD

Cymru Am Byth!
canon ixus 2/ 4/5/6 megapixel.

can get em as cheap as £20-30 (for a good one!) like many compacts they'll have probably seen better days, but look after it and don't drop it in your pint it'll last for years (y)

are they credit card sized though?! thats the size im looking for!!