Revs..

Currently reading:
Revs..

M

Mike

ever since having the chip fitted,my car doesnt drop suddenly below 1k like it used to.It decreases slowly. Has anyone noticed this who has the chip fitted?

Its not a problem i just thought id enquire :)

as a presumption, i would think that the chip is basically an interceptor for your fueling map. Increasing the mixture within the cars limits to make it go better...

I have heard of something like this on other cars, where because the fuel map has changed to push more fuel through when it returns to idle the fueling decreases slower than it used to. If it isn't running lumpy i would guess the maps working right, but the way the revs increase and decrease will have changed.

my car does the same thing, but slightly different mate. If im driving it fast, when i return to idling revs the car will sit at 1300rpm, until i set off again or dip the clutch and roll a little, then it returns to somewhere below 1000rpm.

I've had this thoroughly checked out, and there's nothing broken or anything. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers for the info mate :)
Wasnt worried was slightly curious as to why.
But like i said in a previous thread it is running bit lumpy.its only recent tho.it runs spot on idles perfect just has that slight vibration. Shaun thinks an injector but i have no way of finding out which one.

i always got told that the injector light would come on if there was even the slightest problem there....

i'd have a diagnostics check done to see if anything comes up though mate.