Tuning Rev counter to 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Tuning Rev counter to 1.2 8v

SoulPower

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi mate.
My Punto is a year 2000 1.2 8 valve and when I bought it the car only had THE most basic instruments, speedo and a fuel gauge plus some warning lights.

I bought some instruments from ebay that had rev counter etc and amazingly they worked perfectly.

The mileage was similar (a little more on y new clocks) so I didn't bother trying to have it changed.

This may be the best way for you mate, look great plus you get mPG etc as well.

All the best :)

How good are these universal rev counter's on ebay? Seller's rekon they are easy to fit but surly they have to be wired to the car's ECU, camshaft sensor or something?

at £15 as well, I have become slightly warey and wondered if anyone knew of anything about them, do they not last very long or something? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-van-Rev-c...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Get ones like so buddy... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350196981325&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Much better than that crap universal thing!

However be wary, you need to take it to fiat to proxy align the clocks (change to your mileage as it will flash) which could cost from £45+ or get a good auto electrician to do it - that is of course if your car is a MK2
(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi mate.
My Punto is a year 2000 1.2 8 valve and when I bought it the car only had THE most basic instruments, speedo and a fuel gauge plus some warning lights.

I bought some instruments from ebay that had rev counter etc and amazingly they worked perfectly.

The mileage was similar (a little more on y new clocks) so I didn't bother trying to have it changed.

This may be the best way for you mate, look great plus you get mPG etc as well.

All the best :)
do your flash then or did you get that sorted?

I just swapped the clocks over and everything worked first time. Guess I was bit lucky :)

Possibly mate. Clocks came from a Fiat second hand parts place on ebay and he asked for my cars mileage so maybe he knew to send me a set with more rather than less miles. :worship:

You need to buy a set with LESS miles on than your car else fiat wont be able to turn correct the mileage on them (they can only add to the mileage on the clocks not take away from it).

Its luck of the draw some flash and need proxy alignment some dont. But if you want the mileage to be correct get one with less mileage and then have it proxy aligned at fiat and the mielage corrected.

Thanks for replies but I am warey of buying the uprated dials with rev counter and engine temp etc, but then you have to get fiat to round the milage up and it proves quite pricy overall just for a rev counter so I was looking for an alternative to this really.

Back